Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!
    I'm panicking about the maths content side of the exam! My maths is fine and I'm ok at it, it's just what we actually need to KNOW for the exam calculations-wise!
    Do we need to remember all of the calculations and methods we have learnt?? Or just how to manipulate and solve the equation using info they have given us in the question?
    I hope that makes sense! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    we need to learn that we will fail, or if you are me and my friend, fail again. if you are doing the AS for the first time, get out and drop the subject from your timetable now. it only gets worse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flickyfairy)
    Hi everyone!
    I'm panicking about the maths content side of the exam! My maths is fine and I'm ok at it, it's just what we actually need to KNOW for the exam calculations-wise!
    Do we need to remember all of the calculations and methods we have learnt?? Or just how to manipulate and solve the equation using info they have given us in the question?
    I hope that makes sense! Thanks!
    You need to be able to calculate heart rate of a graph, you always needed to manipulate data from the graph anyway,Chi squared ?,percentage change and you definitely need to be able to work out the chances of someone getting a recessive disorder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fkavanessa)
    You need to be able to calculate heart rate of a graph, you always needed to manipulate data from the graph anyway,Chi squared ?,percentage change and you definitely need to be able to work out the chances of someone getting a recessive disorder.
    Thank you!! What about standard deviation, spearman rank and t-test?? Or are they for our unit 2 exam???

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!! What about standard deviation, spearman rank and t-test?? Or are they for our unit 2 exam???
    Ive never come across those in the syllabus. What are they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SM98.x)
    Ive never come across those in the syllabus. What are they?
    They're tests for like correlation of data and stuff- my teacher taught us them because apparently they're on the new spec

ReputationRep:
    They're tests for like correlation of data and stuff- my teacher taught us them because apparently they're on the new spec
    I really hope they dont make an appearance. I cant be learning something new the night before the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SM98.x)
    I really hope they dont make an appearance. I cant be learning something new the night before the exam
    I hope they don't either!! I cba with all this maths!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.