Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    No Indexes are adjusted values, not percentages, so you had to draw bar chart.Answers to some Q

Q) what has lead to shift of rightward shift of AD? Government spending ( Not exports)
    Q)NAT INCOME=EXPENDITURE=OUTPUT
    Q) THE GDP CAPITA PER HEAD HAS NOT CHANGED OVER TIME

REMIND ME OF REST, AND ILL ANSWER BACK!

FOR YOUR 10 MARKER:

SHIFT AD LEFT AS POUND HAS STRENGTHENED
    ALSO SHIFT SRAS RIGHTWARDS AS IT IS CHEAPER FOR UK FIRMS TO IMPORT. REDUCING PRICE LEVEL.

ReputationRep:
    For the rightward shift of AD, it said budget deficit, not government spending. But I still agree that it could have been budget deficit but it definitely could've been exports too as it said all other things being equal

ReputationRep:
    Your'e right!, However regardless of the point, what is the largest component of AD (after Consumption) G?
    Yep, therefore its more likely that as the deficit has increased there is more spending in the economy, leading to positive multipliers. I agree it is a very awkward question, but general economic information would dictate, particularly, for the UK a rise in exports is not significant enough to increase AD Substantially. The Current Account Deficit currently stands at -£39BN which should be general knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dsfsdfds)
    Your'e right!, However regardless of the point, what is the largest component of AD (after Consumption) G?
    Yep, therefore its more likely that as the deficit has increased there is more spending in the economy, leading to positive multipliers. I agree it is a very awkward question, but general economic information would dictate, particularly, for the UK a rise in exports is not significant enough to increase AD Substantially. The Current Account Deficit currently stands at -£39BN which should be general knowledge.
    I suppose so... In my GCSEs we had a geography question that caused debate so they gave everbody the marks- maybe they'll do it for this question?

ReputationRep:
    well, im not disagreeing with you, that could be the potential outcome, however given that they have made exams more complicated. i think the devils in the detail. No one cany say but there is a more likely chance that it is due to the Budget Deficit. Both are correct , but which is more likely? For example you wake up tmr and need to decide hot to improve your economy, do you wait for exports and their long time lags, which may not increase AD by a big big amount. Or have a fiscal spending plan injecting £10BN tmr in both public and private sector? which one would shift AD Out the most?

ReputationRep:
    I thought the gdp per capita had grown in 2012

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frefrewf)
    well, im not disagreeing with you, that could be the potential outcome, however given that they have made exams more complicated. i think the devils in the detail. No one cany say but there is a more likely chance that it is due to the Budget Deficit. Both are correct , but which is more likely? For example you wake up tmr and need to decide hot to improve your economy, do you wait for exports and their long time lags, which may not increase AD by a big big amount. Or have a fiscal spending plan injecting £10BN tmr in both public and private sector? which one would shift AD Out the most?
    Yeah it would be G. Spending, oh well maybe they'll discount it, maybe not

ReputationRep:
    I did exports as there was no supply curve well i think that the question is unfair as both are correct. What did everyone get for the last one with the LRAS curve ?

ReputationRep:
    factor mobility one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simosos)
    factor mobility one?
    supply side policies used to improve factor immobility

ReputationRep:
    the trend rate one? spare capacity fell, increased etc

ReputationRep:
    Being honest, what mark are we looking at for an A?

ReputationRep:
    QUOTE=Kaasi;65086145]Being honest, what mark are we looking at for an A?[/QUOTE]

53/4 out of 70

ReputationRep:
    grade boundary predictions for an A? I am going to say 52/70 as you could drop 18 marks in last years old spec paper.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.