The Student Room Group

A2 - Edexcel Psychology June 2016

Scroll to see replies

guys i forgot to tick the boxes for the sections i done!! does anyone know what will happen?
Original post by Mollyql_27
Guys how did you answer the 'Design a field experiment.' question?? I kind of used the same method as Yarmey did?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did as well, basically use a questionnaire and photo line up after a person steals a phone and the researcher approaches the participants. Use standardised questions. Operationalise with number of correct answers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chickenfoot
guys i forgot to tick the boxes for the sections i done!! does anyone know what will happen?

It doesn't matter, as long as they can see you've written on the first page and only filled in 2 sections, it'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

i don't think they will mark that section :frown: i also forgot
Original post by blinkofaneyee
When you're describing Genie, what points did you guys included??:redface: i feel like i know it but i missed out points

Posted from TSR Mobile

Genie
Only had a few wooden toys
callace formed as she was strapped to potty chair
Hit by her father for trying to talk
Brother fed her baby food
Strapped to sleeping bag at night
Found aged 13 when her mother escaped and took her to social services
Iq was about 40 when found, stunted walk, merely made noises and scared of adults - extremely malnourished
Underwent vigorous cognitive, physiological and social testing e.g. Iq tests
She was fostered by a psychologist
Showed some signs of reversibility - developed little words but could never structure a coherent sentence but showed signs of developing an attachment with psychologist
Condition regressed when put back in foster care

Hopefully that gets me 6/6 for A01

Posted from TSR Mobile

I forgot to do that as well
Original post by psychemma
I treated the criminal 12 marker like 2 six mark questions? Not sure if that's right

Original post by Hann11
Same i did 2 different explanations but didn't explicitly make comparisons for the 12 marker. Was that right?

Original post by Julieplec
Yeah I did:
Describe + evaluate SLT
describe + evaluate SFP

you didn't really have to evaluate but I had 15 minutes left so thought why not haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

??? I'm 100% sure it said describe how SLT would explain it, then compare this explanation to one other, not describe or evaluate

Original post by psychemma
Oh I did 6 marks on describing social learning theory as an explanation for the stealing cars thing then 6 marks comparing SLT & SFP, I'm sure what you did is fine!!

Original post by peterwg33
I interpreted the criminal 12 marker to state that you're meant to describe how SLT explains the car thieving behaviour and then just generically compare SLT to another theory - no evaluation or anything like that. I'm worried I did it wrong now lol

Same
Original post by rileystringer1
??? I'm 100% sure it said describe how SLT would explain it, then compare this explanation to one other, not describe or evaluate

Same

I know I'm saying I did describe both of them but i included evaluation because I had time, I'm not going to lose marks for including more information lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know I'm saying I did describe both of them but i included evaluation because I had time, I'm not going to lose marks for including more information lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

How come you described SFP?
My 12 marker was all over the place, I described both SLT and Personality Theory in relation to Nicole and her "luxury sports cars" (I dunno why but that question made me laugh), then made comparison points (similarities and differences) AND then evaluated both briefly

I really panicked hahah so I just put everything in there to be safe. would that matter?
How come you described SFP?

Because it said compare social learning theory with one other explanation of criminal behaviour

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
My 12 marker was all over the place, I described both SLT and Personality Theory in relation to Nicole and her "luxury sports cars" (I dunno why but that question made me laugh), then made comparison points (similarities and differences) AND then evaluated both briefly

I really panicked hahah so I just put everything in there to be safe. would that matter?

Nope you described both so you'd get the marks for that and you won't lose marks for including more information

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because it said compare social learning theory with one other explanation of criminal behaviour

Posted from TSR Mobile

But it says compare, not "now describe another one"
Im confused :frown:

It was something like 'describe Nicole's behaviour using social learning theory compared to another explanation of criminal behaviour'

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was a really badly worded question, I wouldn't worry about it too much, I'm sure loads of people across the country have interpreted it differently :smile:
The first 6 marks was discribe SLT in relation to Nicole stealing cars. This includes, what slt is, modelling process, vicarious reinforcement, role of reinforcement from role models.

Then the other 6 marks was comparing SLT to atleast one other explanation. I put Self-fulfilling prophecy, and explained what it was and gave a research example. Followed by biological predisposing to criminal behaviour through differences in the brain and used raine et Al as research example.

Hope this helps!
It was something like 'describe Nicole's behaviour using social learning theory compared to another explanation of criminal behaviour'

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was more like 'describe why Nicole might steal a car using social learning and compare this social learning theory with another explanation of criminal behaviour'

I don't think they wanted you to describe how SFP would explain this behaviour tbh but idk
they used my name on the criminal 12 marker :ahee::teehee::teehee:

im way too excited for that.
Yeah. In the answer made sure that it was referenced to Nicole. Even the other explanations.
Reply 279
i completely forgot to cross the boxes?!!???!?! my teacher didn't inform us of that, and i didn't even realise they existed until reading this! does anyone know what will happen??!?!? freaking out!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending