Turn on thread page Beta

Help-never had a girlfriend or kissed-nervous about relationships watch

Im a first tear uni student, Ive never had a girlfriend, and now fear if I do get one, I wouldn't be even an adequate boyfriend, not knowing how to do anything, like how do people actually be romantic, how do kisses actually work, (as opposed to hoe media shows it.

What should I do?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Im a first tear uni student, Ive never had a girlfriend, and now fear if I do get one, I wouldn't be even an adequate boyfriend, not knowing how to do anything, like how do people actually be romantic, how do kisses actually work, (as opposed to hoe media shows it.

What should I do?
    hahaha!!!! Lol!! Just try being ur self !!!

(Original post by shahida sulaiman)
    hahaha!!!! Lol!! Just try being ur self !!!
    been there, done that
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    been there, done that
    sooooo???? What happened???

ReputationRep:
    I was once in a similar position to yours, not knowing how to even make conversation with girls, how to get along with them etc... But one day I met someone and somehow everything felt different...like conversations seem natural.
    You will meet someone and when you do it'll feel different. (sounds like movie stuff i know, but its real lol)
    And that someone should understand that you're new to this thing.

And well being romantic...im sure theres lots on google, but basically it involves putting time into doing something for/with the other person im guessing
    (im not the best at explanation sorry)

(Original post by shahida sulaiman)
    sooooo???? What happened???
    I mean i be myslef always and Im terrible at making friends,
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Don't come across as desperate, which is easy to do if you've never had a relationship before. And if it happens, just appreciate them, keep their interest by making an effort often and.. that's that, really.

With kissing, it may be confusing first time but.. practice makes perfect, and you'll get the hang of it :cute:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I mean i be myslef always and Im terrible at making friends,
    Who said u r not good at talking?????!!!!!! Just try taking tips from guys who have girlfriends or just talk to a girl who is like ur friend or anyone who is really near to u
    (BTW I m not talking about asking the girl u like I m talking about any of ur close friends)

ReputationRep:

What should I do?
    Like everyone else on here has said, be yourself but don't be too desperate. I'm sure you'll be fine. Talk like you would to any other guy but with flirting. Everyone's awkward when they're in a relationship for the first time.

ReputationRep:

What should I do?
    Kissing all comes naturally, honestly. Your lips come together, and you kiss, tongues can go into each others mouths, you may enjoy sucking on the tongue, or they might, you both might. Don't fret.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 28, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.