Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do I betray a friendship or live with a lie??? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So, got told something that would cause revelations throughout my old workplace if it ever came out, and although I no longer work there I'm friends with all the people involved. As only myself and person x know, I'm stuck between choosing a friendship or letting someone live on with them not knowing this has happened.

Let's start at the beginning. For discretion I'll use Person J, T, G and A.
    So, T is what would be a middle-management manager in the workplace, and after shifts where I used to work, we'd have a staff drinks to relax after a busy shift. Where the deception lies is T went home with his manager J, and a friend and engaged in several sexual acts with J.

When I met up with G, he'd told me this had happened and at first I couldn't believe it. T had also been flirting with another girl in the workplace despite the fact he's in a long-term relationship with A. Whose been aware of the flirting with the other girl and let's say their relationship is rocky.

In an ideal world I'd wish I hadn't been told about this, but as I'm friends with T and A what do I do? Do I burn my bridge with T or keep it from A? It'll all come out in the end and I dont want to take flak from both sides because I knew all along.

Any similar situations or suggestions appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naataan)
    So, got told something that would cause revelations throughout my old workplace if it ever came out, and although I no longer work there I'm friends with all the people involved. As only myself and person x know, I'm stuck between choosing a friendship or letting someone live on with them not knowing this has happened.

Let's start at the beginning. For discretion I'll use Person J, T, G and A.
    So, T is what would be a middle-management manager in the workplace, and after shifts where I used to work, we'd have a staff drinks to relax after a busy shift. Where the deception lies is T went home with his manager J, and a friend and engaged in several sexual acts with J.

When I met up with G, he'd told me this had happened and at first I couldn't believe it. T had also been flirting with another girl in the workplace despite the fact he's in a long-term relationship with A. Whose been aware of the flirting with the other girl and let's say their relationship is rocky.

In an ideal world I'd wish I hadn't been told about this, but as I'm friends with T and A what do I do? Do I burn my bridge with T or keep it from A? It'll all come out in the end and I dont want to take flak from both sides because I knew all along.

Any similar situations or suggestions appreciated.
    I think that you should first confront T and ask him why he did what he did, first of all, to just know his side.

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be better for you to stay out of it. You weren't there when it happened and you're not in a relationship with T or A. You'll only risk getting dragged into this mess if you push it. I would advice just waiting till it all came out and tell them that you didn't want to get involved. That's the drama free option

ReputationRep:
    I'd tell A if I were you. You'd be saving them from a wasteful relationship and heartache since, as you say, their relationship is rocky and T is flirting and engaging in sexual activities with other people. Telling A would give them the chance to find someone who will actually be loyal and treat them properly rather than be with a douchebag who cheats.

ReputationRep:
    Tell the person you feel sorry for. Loyalty should be for the one who's been wronged in mt book but who knows it could be an 'open' relationship you hear of.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.