Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone
    I want to study International Business but I still can't decide between these two. Can You help me? I know that Loughborough is higher in rankings bur You know, Aston is in Birmingham so I think it would be easier for me to find a good job connected with Business during the course.
    I would be thankful for your advice
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Patka97)
    Hey everyone
    I want to study International Business but I still can't decide between these two. Can You help me? I know that Loughborough is higher in rankings bur You know, Aston is in Birmingham so I think it would be easier for me to find a good job connected with Business during the course.
    I would be thankful for your advice
    Hi,

Rather than just throwing marketing text at you i was wondering if you had any specific questions in relation to Aston, our placement year or student life in Birmingham?

I'm a 2014 graduate and Birmingham local, so i should be able to answer most things you can throw at me, or at least point you in the right direction.

Josh

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Aston University;65106341]Hi,

Rather than just throwing marketing text at you i was wondering if you had any specific questions in relation to Aston, our placement year or student life in Birmingham?

I'm a 2014 graduate and Birmingham local, so i should be able to answer most things you can throw at me, or at least point you in the right direction.

Josh [/QUOTE.]
    Hi,
    thank You for replying. I would like to know Your personal view of Aston Uni. I'm also curious about job prospects in Birmingham and the atmosphere on campus and at Uni in general.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aston University)
    Hi,

Josh
    Quoted you because OP didn't quote you properly so you might not see this and they need help. I'm also a Birmingham local so the thread titled called me but you seem to be a better voice
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Patka97)
    Hi,
    thank You for replying. I would like to know Your personal view of Aston Uni. I'm also curious about job prospects in Birmingham and the atmosphere on campus and at Uni in general.
    Hi,

Obviously my view is going to be slightly bias being an Aston graduate and now a Aston staff member. That aside:

I very much enjoyed my time at Aston, both in terms of academic and social aspects. I found the Psychology & Sociology course which i studied very engaging, in latter years you could really gear the course towards your specific interests, most Aston courses offer this approach. I was really interested in Neuroscience and the role of the brain in Psychology, however if i wanted to focus on different aspects such as social psychology, business psychology ect, the options were there.

The atmosphere on campus was fantastic from my experience, very diverse meaning i was able to make friends with people from France, Spain, Germany, Brazil, Canada, America, Bulgaria etc along with many UK students of different backgrounds. I heavily invested in societies whilst here making friends based around similar interests, however one benefit of the small campus is you often find yourself running into a lot of people.

Because of this it's easier to make friends with people on different courses and outside your flat, unlike other larger universities which may have multiple campuses miles apart.

Any other questions, just give me a shout.

Josh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.