Turn on thread page Beta

Computing Exam Results watch

Announcements

http://education.guardian.co.uk/alev...018079,00.html

Okay. Why did I do Computing if it is so much harder to get an A grade or a B grade? Why wasn't my school more honest when giving advice to me when we got our GCSE results. They should have said to me "This subject is always really hard but 60% of pupils in that subject get an A or B". That would have helped me achieve my ambition and to do the right subjects.

Why?

ReputationRep:
    in my experience the teachers/school gets paid a certain amount of money for each pupil that takes an a level subject as a form of "motivation", so they will do whatever they can to encourage you to do their subject.. and therefore some won't let u in on the bad pointers about that subject. it's only after u start the course that they either try and make u drop the subject or u want to drop it coz its too hard. thats happened to quite a few people i know.
    if u enjoy computing then just try your best, try learning the basic computer languages (the "24-hour" books are the best and easiest to understand) and if u try and self-motivate yourself throughout the course u should be fine. if u really don't enjoy a course u should definitely talk to the head of your college/sixth form about it and see if theres an option to swap it with something else u enjoy more. it's much better to quit while you're ahead and while u can, rather than sticking with a course that u hate because u have to.
    good luck with whatever u choose to do, and computer studies IS hard so try not to beat yourself up about it.

x - x - x

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.