Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm struggling to remember the things when studying!! If I'm learning something new then I end up forgetting old things Any tips for AS Biology?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Philip-flop)
    I'm struggling to remember the things when studying!! If I'm learning something new then I end up forgetting old things Any tips for AS Biology?
    I can give you some general advice and its pretty simple, revision is a tool to recap the work you've already covered, you should be looking at breaking down topics into smaller sections and focusing on understanding. The fact is, if you understand the fundamentals you don't need to memorise it, it becomes something you know.

If however you need to memorise definitions or specific names or phrases, then I would go with a simple look, cover, write technique. Read the text, aloud is best, read say three times, cover it up and rewrite it from memory. Then read the first and second thing and repeat until you feel like its committed to memory.

I hope thats of some, help.
    Good luck with your exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Picture~Perfect)
    I can give you some general advice and its pretty simple, revision is a tool to recap the work you've already covered, you should be looking at breaking down topics into smaller sections and focusing on understanding. The fact is, if you understand the fundamentals you don't need to memorise it, it becomes something you know.

If however you need to memorise definitions or specific names or phrases, then I would go with a simple look, cover, write technique. Read the text, aloud is best, read say three times, cover it up and rewrite it from memory. Then read the first and second thing and repeat until you feel like its committed to memory.

I hope thats of some, help.
    Good luck with your exams.
    Thank you. Yeah I find that the things that I truly understand I am able to recall. I guess I just need to engrave everything into my head from now until the exam on Thursday
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Philip-flop)
    Thank you. Yeah I find that the things that I truly understand I am able to recall. I guess I just need to engrave everything into my head from now until the exam on Thursday
    I know it's hard but try not to worry too much, you have lots of time to go over things you're unsure about and at the end of the day, what is important is that you do the best you can, thats all anybody can ask of you.

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Picture~Perfect)
    I know it's hard but try not to worry too much, you have lots of time to go over things you're unsure about and at the end of the day, what is important is that you do the best you can, thats all anybody can ask of you.

Good Luck
    Yeah that's true. I can only do my best! It's just difficult as Maths C2 is the day before the Biology exam and I need to work hard at that too!

ReputationRep:
    write it down. it will automatically pass through your brain helping you remember it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.