The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

UAL Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Pleas don't ignore this, I have a really important question...
So my tenancy begins on the 10th, however I can't pick up my keys until the 16th because I can't get to the UK earlier... Is this a problem or dont they mind? And do I have to notify them or is it all good because I am still in the 7 days period? Please help me :smile: Because I really don't want to pay 250 quid for a later moving in date...
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Original post by kspears1
Wayheyyy... fellow manna ash person..... it took them a little while for them to get back to me, a couple days.... an then i had to pay my deposit to secure it!

deposit? Ahh how much is the deposit? I'm pretty broke at the moment :P

eeeep manna ash looks pretty cool...I'm sure we're going to become the best of friends :O ahah
Reply 282
Original post by Rossical
deposit? Ahh how much is the deposit? I'm pretty broke at the moment :P

eeeep manna ash looks pretty cool...I'm sure we're going to become the best of friends :O ahah

Yeh i no im constantly skint!! Its like 325... pretty steep but u get it back off ur last rent. What date u moving in? Ohh add me on facebook its

http://www.facebook.com/misskathleenspears

Where u studying.... an what?
Reply 283
Original post by Rossical
I GOT MANNA ASH!

Oh I'm so happy! I'm taking Creative Advertising at LCC :smile:
eeeeeeeeeep Manna Ash Manna Ash Manna Ash!

How long after they confirmed your place did you's get an email from the company that runs them???

I got Manna Ash too !!! I'm so glad ! Can't wait to move in London !!!
Yeh i no im constantly skint!! Its like 325... pretty steep but u get it back off ur last rent. What date u moving in? Ohh add me on facebook its

ah man 325! I think I might have to ask the parents to pay for that :P
I'll add you righttt away :smile: I'm taking Advertising at LCC, you?

Original post by Lizu
I got Manna Ash too !!! I'm so glad ! Can't wait to move in London !!!

Congratulation!! Same, it's gonna be awesome!
Original post by aspiringwhatever
Pleas don't ignore this, I have a really important question...
So my tenancy begins on the 10th, however I can't pick up my keys until the 16th because I can't get to the UK earlier... Is this a problem or dont they mind? And do I have to notify them or is it all good because I am still in the 7 days period? Please help me :smile: Because I really don't want to pay 250 quid for a later moving in date...

which halls is that for? Because I was thinking the other day that 10th September was a little too early for me, but I didn't want to pay a late move in fee or whatever crap it said.... where are you coming from?? I'm sorry I couldnt help more, but I think you're going to have to email/phone them!
PLEASE COULD ANYONE HELP ME. I'm trying to register for halls of residence but it keeps saying its unsuccessful but my student ID is correct, how do you fix it?
Also does anybody know if there are anymore places left for Manna Ash House, Julian Markham House, Brooke Hall, and Bernard Myers House?
What is the best halls out of the ones I listed? As I'm going to be studying at LCC.
Original post by vonstrangle
which halls is that for? Because I was thinking the other day that 10th September was a little too early for me, but I didn't want to pay a late move in fee or whatever crap it said.... where are you coming from?? I'm sorry I couldnt help more, but I think you're going to have to email/phone them!

Hey :smile: this is for Julian Markham... What halls are you staying in? I know its so ridiculous because the rent is already insanely expensive and then they still want you to pay 250 because you want to move in later, although you are already paying rent... Yeh just housing service isn't the most friendly department, lol. Although the lady on the switchboard the other day hung up on me...

I mean my course starts on the 26th, it's like 2 weeks doing nothing in London...

Oh and I am coming from Portugal and you?

Maybe you can help me with this... Does fresher's week start on the 26th?

wooops, I didnt see that you had asked when I was moving in
I dont actually know when we can move in :/ But it'll probably be mid-September, I dont come back from holiday till' about the 14th...so perhaps the week after? :smile:
Hey :smile: this is for Julian Markham... What halls are you staying in? I know its so ridiculous because the rent is already insanely expensive and then they still want you to pay 250 because you want to move in later, although you are already paying rent... Yeh just housing service isn't the most friendly department, lol. Although the lady on the switchboard the other day hung up on me...

I mean my course starts on the 26th, it's like 2 weeks doing nothing in London...

Oh and I am coming from Portugal and you?

Maybe you can help me with this... Does fresher's week start on the 26th?

it has to be said ual is not the best uni for organisational crap. really. ahah. i'm gonna be in ewen henderson. my course starts on 26th too, and they say you need to enrol at the latest by 19th september. i'm from south england. like 3hrs from london. im sorry - i have zero idea when freshers starts - i reckon it could be 19th?? like 1 week before the course does? what college/course are you doing??
anyone know when freshers week starts?
Reply 291
Hi, I'm studying Media & Cultural Studies at LCC and was just wondering if anybody knew if Will Wyatt and Don Gratton House have been fully booked yet?
Someone's previously stated on here that Manna Ash is full now and I put Will Wyatt, Don Gratton and Manna Ash as my choices in that order, now feeling like an idiot as i've wasted a choice if Manna Ash is full.
I DEEESPERATELY want Will Wyatt as my accom!
Anyone know anything? Thankss :smile:
it has to be said ual is not the best uni for organisational crap. really. ahah. i'm gonna be in ewen henderson. my course starts on 26th too, and they say you need to enrol at the latest by 19th september. i'm from south england. like 3hrs from london. im sorry - i have zero idea when freshers starts - i reckon it could be 19th?? like 1 week before the course does? what college/course are you doing??

I think it starts on the 26th actually, because the big fair is on the 28th... I am studying Media Communications at LCC and you? I called today and the lady was actually very helpful (surprise) and said that as long as you move in within 7 days it doesn't matter. And those 250 extra if you want to move in later are just to make sure that you really move in and they are included as rent for the rest of the year, just like the deposit :smile:
I think I messed up royally and I wonder if anyone is just as dumb as me... I put down my advanced rent deposit as accommodation on the payment site... I KNOW SOOO STUPID.

However I wanted to know if anyone did the same, but they still accepted it and there was no hassle.

I already sent them an e-mail, but no reply yet :frown: I really don't want to lose 250 quid
I think it starts on the 26th actually, because the big fair is on the 28th... I am studying Media Communications at LCC and you? I called today and the lady was actually very helpful (surprise) and said that as long as you move in within 7 days it doesn't matter. And those 250 extra if you want to move in later are just to make sure that you really move in and they are included as rent for the rest of the year, just like the deposit :smile:

well, like i said i have no idea. so you're probably right about the freshers thing. I'm at LCC too, but doing Journalism. so, does that mean that you could move in anywhen up until 17th september for free? or that you have to pay, but it would be deducted from the rent for the year etc...?
I think I messed up royally and I wonder if anyone is just as dumb as me... I put down my advanced rent deposit as accommodation on the payment site... I KNOW SOOO STUPID.

However I wanted to know if anyone did the same, but they still accepted it and there was no hassle.

I already sent them an e-mail, but no reply yet :frown: I really don't want to lose 250 quid

oh and also, i did this. i am as dumb as you :P why uis this wrong? what should i have put it down as? theyt accepted it fine for me! dont think you'll lose money :smile:
well, like i said i have no idea. so you're probably right about the freshers thing. I'm at LCC too, but doing Journalism. so, does that mean that you could move in anywhen up until 17th september for free? or that you have to pay, but it would be deducted from the rent for the year etc...?

Until the 17th you can move in for free, and if you move in after the 17th you have to notify them and pay 250 extra, but it will be deducted from the rent of the year. However you always start paying on the 10th.

oh and also, i did this. i am as dumb as you :P why uis this wrong? what should i have put it down as? theyt accepted it fine for me! dont think you'll lose money :smile:

Ohh good, a fellow dreamer who never reads the instructions properly :wink:. We should have put it down as "Advanced Rent Deposit" hihi.

Wow that's so cool :smile: the only thing that kinda scares me is that I will be living nearly two weeks in london without knowing anyone.

Why did you get accommodation so far away?
Until the 17th you can move in for free, and if you move in after the 17th you have to notify them and pay 250 extra, but it will be deducted from the rent of the year. However you always start paying on the 10th.

Ohh good, a fellow dreamer who never reads the instructions properly :wink:. We should have put it down as "Advanced Rent Deposit" hihi.

Wow that's so cool :smile: the only thing that kinda scares me is that I will be living nearly two weeks in london without knowing anyone.

Why did you get accommodation so far away?

oh this is good news about moving in. im feeling the same about doing nothing for nearly 2 weeks, but you'll soon befriend your flatmates (fingers crossed) well, i had julian markham as my no.2 but really, im getting really small financial stuff and so, i had to really think practically about price etc. i know travelling will bump it up. but i really couldnt afford much tbh :frown: and yes i am a complete and utter dreamer :wink:
Moving into Manna Ash on September 11th :biggrin:
lets get this party startedddd
oh this is good news about moving in. im feeling the same about doing nothing for nearly 2 weeks, but you'll soon befriend your flatmates (fingers crossed) well, i had julian markham as my no.2 but really, im getting really small financial stuff and so, i had to really think practically about price etc. i know travelling will bump it up. but i really couldnt afford much tbh :frown: and yes i am a complete and utter dreamer :wink:

Humm hope so... I am just terrified of living with someone because I can be such a complicated person from time to time and I am definitely not PC, so everyone will probably hate me :frown: And because I am going to be 17 when going to uni, nobody will wanna hang out with a baby :frown:

Ohh, but its the same price in the long run... I chose JMH because I can wake up 5 minutes before lectures :wink:

Ohh I love being a dreamer, although sometimes it does have bad bad consequences...

Quick Reply

Latest