ReputationRep:
    Hi,

So next year I will be starting the dreaded A Level courses (
    So my original options were:

English Literature
    History
    Psychology
    Chemistry

However, I'm thinking of switching History out for Classical Civilisation, I haven't taken either of those subjects as GCSE's too btw. I think that I'll enjoy CC more than History, but I've really had no insight as to how hard it would be.

If there are any CC students out there, could you please tell me what the level of difficulty it is as an A Level? And do you think I should just stick with History?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igcsessuck)
    Hi,

English Literature
    History
    Psychology
    Chemistry

However, I'm thinking of switching History out for Classical Civilisation, I haven't taken either of those subjects as GCSE's too btw. I think that I'll enjoy CC more than History, but I've really had no insight as to how hard it would be.

If there are any CC students out there, could you please tell me what the level of difficulty it is as an A Level? And do you think I should just stick with History?

Thanks in advance
    Hi,

I was in a similar position to you last year , however I was unable to do CC because my sixth form stopped offering it, so I am now doing philosophy and ethics instead, although I didn't pick CC, I have spoken to a lot of people who do it and have done a lot of research into the course.

CC is very similar to english literature in that you will be studying ancient greek and roman plays and books , but you have a greater emphasis on context, so it is a great mix of english and history. So I would say to pick CC because most people who do it haven't done it at GCSE either and it is very enjoyable.

Hope this helps !
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by igcsessuck)
    Hi,

English Literature
    History
    Psychology
    Chemistry

Thanks in advance
    Hiya! I've moved this into the Classics forum, so hopefully some people who are doing Classics at the moment can help you out

ReputationRep:
    Hi last year I took CC and History and personally for last year's courses I found History a lot harder to do well in. Like people have said, Classical Civilisation is much more like English and will be focuses on literary analysis and readings than on facts or systematic analysis like History so choose whichever one you're better at or you enjoy more, because you'll spend a lot of your time on the subject! Hope this helped

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I wish I could have taken CC instead of History (IB).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.