UAL offer: Low lighting? Watch

di_br
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey, peoples!

I was wondering if anyone here knows exactly what they mean when they say "low lighting"? I'm going to CSM and I got an offer for Sketch House, which is great, but for a studio with low lighting. I suffer from migraines and if the room is too dark, going outside and back every day could trigger attacks. :/
I did specify that on my application though, so if they've made this offer maybe the room isn't that dark?
alicecollins_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, I also got a low lighting room so I emailed them about what they mean exactly. They told me that Low lighting means "low natural lighting possibly a narrow or smaller window in your room." So I don't think it is too dark, just might be a slightly smaller window!
di_br
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Yes, I asked Accommodation Services about it and that's what they said too, that it could be less windows.
However, I asked that on the Sketch House facebook page and this is what they've said:

"'Low Lighting' rooms are the same as the other rooms which you can see online, across the different room types. You can check them out here: bit.ly/27a22juThe difference is that these select number of rooms are situated in positions of the building where less natural sunlight is able to appear in the room through the window. Hence the reduced rent price."

So maybe there aren't less windows, it just faces a different way. Which isn't too bad.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Undergraduate Fashion Business Undergraduate
    Sat, 14 Sep '19
    London College of Fashion – Undergraduate School of Media & Communication Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
    London College of Fashion – Undergraduate Fashion Business School Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 5 Oct '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (86)
17.84%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (310)
64.32%
Not yet but I am planning to (23)
4.77%
Not yet but I might (63)
13.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed