Turn on thread page Beta

How did everybody find the English exam (AQA)? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I found it to be so much easier than I'd ever have imagined.

ReputationRep:
    what did you write for part A of mice and men? did you have to talk about the language?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HM5588)
    what did you write for part A of mice and men? did you have to talk about the language?
    I wrote about how Lennie learnt his lesson but it's too late ("Dutifully" and "Obeyed George" - contrasts to start of novella). The repetition of "Almost see it" when talking about the ranch emphasizes how close they were and George may be trying to trick himself into believing that he isn't fated to fail that dream. I also said that Lennie must die because as the sun sets, the men approach faster, so like the sun sets, Lennie must die. I talked about language a bit, I commented on how "bluer" had connotations of cold and dead because Lennie is going to die.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 24, 2016

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.