The Student Room Group

Present worry! Please help..

I am considering one particular present for a close teacher of mine...

Here's the details: he is an older male teacher, and i have known him for the last 7 years. The last two we have got a lot closer, and are very good friends. As a thankyou blah blah present, the main one i thought is a signed football shirt (he is a die hard fan of this team), by all the players..I think it would mean a lot to him...

Money isn't an issue, but what do people think of the present?

Thanks in advance guys.. xx

Scroll to see replies

Specialheffa
I am considering one particular present for a close teacher of mine...

Here's the details: he is an older male teacher, and i have known him for the last 7 years. The last two we have got a lot closer, and are very good friends. As a thankyou blah blah present, the main one i thought is a signed football shirt (he is a die hard fan of this team), by all the players..I think it would mean a lot to him...

Money isn't an issue, but what do people think of the present?

Thanks in advance guys.. xx

No reason why not if you can get it. Sure he'd be thrilled.
Reply 2
Expression
No reason why not if you can get it. Sure he'd be thrilled.

I hope so, i would leave it in his office as secret.. I just don't want it to come across as OTT, or something else...

Thanks expression..
Reply 3
Sounds like a great idea :smile: Our form all chipped in and got our form tutor a footie shirt and he loved it! :biggrin:
Reply 4
kieshaxxx
Sounds like a great idea :smile: Our form all chipped in and got our form tutor a footie shirt and he loved it! :biggrin:

Cool, sounding positive then! I'm feeling better now..
he may think you fancy him though
Reply 6
John Paul Jones

Explain, if poss..
Reply 7
John Paul Jones

That's what I was just thinking.

As far a pressies go, it will rock. It may be a little much though...
Specialheffa
Explain, if poss..

perhaps it's just my mind, but when i gave my teachers presents, i thought they might think i fancy them - but that's just my mind being inappropriate at the most inopportune moment
Reply 9
Fluffy
That's what I was just thinking.

As far a pressies go, it will rock. It may be a little much though...

Well if it helps to understand, we are very close.. (not like that lol)...
Reply 10
John Paul Jones
perhaps it's just my mind, but when i gave my teachers presents, i thought they might think i fancy them - but that's just my mind being inappropriate at the most inopportune moment

Lol, yeah I kind of know what you mean ...
Reply 11
John Paul Jones

Yea that's what i initially thought, but i gave my female english teacher and department champagne, for helping with cambridge application.. lol
Specialheffa
Explain, if poss..

If you think about it, your going to all this trouble to get a gift to say thanks or whatever. He's going to know you went to all this effort and then run ... :eek: . But i think it is a nice idea.
Reply 13
Whats_The_411?
If you think about it, your going to all this trouble to get a gift to say thanks or whatever. He's going to know you went to all this effort and then run ... :eek: . But i think it is a nice idea.

Lol... true.
Specialheffa
Yea that's what i initially thought, but i gave my female english teacher and department champagne, for helping with cambridge application.. lol

lol me too also, with my male teachers, which worried me as they might have thought i was gay or something!

(1000th post :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:)
Reply 15
John Paul Jones
lol me too also, with my male teachers, which worried me as they might have thought i was gay or something!

(1000th post :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:)

Lol i guess that would be more of a worry... congrats on the 1000!
I think it's a good idea.

MB
Reply 17
musicboy
I think it's a good idea.

MB

Aww thanks MB...
Specialheffa
Lol... true.

Why don't you just get a card and take your teacher to the pub :biggrin: . Thats what I did.
Reply 19
Specialheffa
Well if it helps to understand, we are very close.. (not like that lol)...
Still, he has to contend with what his collegues think. Also, does he have a significant other? It might be awkward for him to explain such an expensive present.

anyone can throw money around.. I think small and thoughtful is a better way to go.

Latest

Trending

Trending