Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am considering one particular present for a close teacher of mine...

Here's the details: he is an older male teacher, and i have known him for the last 7 years. The last two we have got a lot closer, and are very good friends. As a thankyou blah blah present, the main one i thought is a signed football shirt (he is a die hard fan of this team), by all the players..I think it would mean a lot to him...

Money isn't an issue, but what do people think of the present?

Thanks in advance guys.. xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Specialheffa)
    I am considering one particular present for a close teacher of mine...

Here's the details: he is an older male teacher, and i have known him for the last 7 years. The last two we have got a lot closer, and are very good friends. As a thankyou blah blah present, the main one i thought is a signed football shirt (he is a die hard fan of this team), by all the players..I think it would mean a lot to him...

Money isn't an issue, but what do people think of the present?

Thanks in advance guys.. xx

No reason why not if you can get it. Sure he'd be thrilled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    No reason why not if you can get it. Sure he'd be thrilled.
    I hope so, i would leave it in his office as secret.. I just don't want it to come across as OTT, or something else...

Thanks expression..

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a great idea Our form all chipped in and got our form tutor a footie shirt and he loved it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    Sounds like a great idea Our form all chipped in and got our form tutor a footie shirt and he loved it!
    Cool, sounding positive then! I'm feeling better now..

ReputationRep:
    he may think you fancy him though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    Explain, if poss..

ReputationRep:
    That's what I was just thinking.

As far a pressies go, it will rock. It may be a little much though...

ReputationRep:
    Explain, if poss..

perhaps it's just my mind, but when i gave my teachers presents, i thought they might think i fancy them - but that's just my mind being inappropriate at the most inopportune moment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    That's what I was just thinking.

As far a pressies go, it will rock. It may be a little much though...
    Well if it helps to understand, we are very close.. (not like that lol)...

ReputationRep:
    perhaps it's just my mind, but when i gave my teachers presents, i thought they might think i fancy them - but that's just my mind being inappropriate at the most inopportune moment
    Lol, yeah I kind of know what you mean ...

ReputationRep:
    Yea that's what i initially thought, but i gave my female english teacher and department champagne, for helping with cambridge application.. lol

ReputationRep:
    Explain, if poss..
    If you think about it, your going to all this trouble to get a gift to say thanks or whatever. He's going to know you went to all this effort and then run ... :eek: . But i think it is a nice idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    If you think about it, your going to all this trouble to get a gift to say thanks or whatever. He's going to know you went to all this effort and then run ... :eek: . But i think it is a nice idea.
    Lol... true.

ReputationRep:
    Yea that's what i initially thought, but i gave my female english teacher and department champagne, for helping with cambridge application.. lol
    lol me too also, with my male teachers, which worried me as they might have thought i was gay or something!

(1000th post )

ReputationRep:
    lol me too also, with my male teachers, which worried me as they might have thought i was gay or something!

(1000th post )
    Lol i guess that would be more of a worry... congrats on the 1000!

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a good idea.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    I think it's a good idea.

MB
    Aww thanks MB...

ReputationRep:
    Lol... true.
    Why don't you just get a card and take your teacher to the pub . Thats what I did.

ReputationRep:
    Well if it helps to understand, we are very close.. (not like that lol)...
    Still, he has to contend with what his collegues think. Also, does he have a significant other? It might be awkward for him to explain such an expensive present.

anyone can throw money around.. I think small and thoughtful is a better way to go.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.