Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    Why don't you just get a card and take your teacher to the pub . Thats what I did.
    Our r.ship bit more than a card... and also i've been to the pub before with him in general.. plus he an older (older!) man so he might not wanna...Plus it means more from myself, and to him..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Specialheffa)
    Lol i guess that would be more of a worry... congrats on the 1000!

lol cheers - but yeh, i say get the present anyway

ReputationRep:
    Our r.ship bit more than a card... and also i've been to the pub before with him in general.. plus he an older (older!) man so he might not wanna...Plus it means more from myself, and to him..
    Thats fair. Just get the football shirt then. If you have a good relationship with him then i'm sure he wont get the wrong idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    Thats fair. Just get the football shirt then. If you have a good relationship with him then i'm sure he wont get the wrong idea.
    Even if he did, i've left now anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Do you fancy him?

I think it's a nice present though, but maybe a bit ott...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    Do you fancy him?

I think it's a nice present though, but maybe a bit ott...
    No, he's older than my dad... in his 50's!

Why if i did fancy him, what effect would giving this present have?

ReputationRep:

...he has to contend with what his collegues think. Also, does he have a significant other? It might be awkward for him to explain such an expensive present.

anyone can throw money around.. I think small and thoughtful is a better way to go....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    ...he has to contend with what his collegues think. Also, does he have a significant other? It might be awkward for him to explain such an expensive present.

anyone can throw money around.. I think small and thoughtful is a better way to go....
    Well whether he tells his colleagues is another matter... it would be kinda secret, he's that way inclined. He is married, but it's one led by separate lives, as in they are together - just because...

It's not a matter of throwing money, it's buying something that would mean alot to him, to say a BIG thankyou and other stuff...If i wanted to throw money, i could buy him box seats for special match, now that would be silly...

ReputationRep:

Lol, ok that's too old.

If you did fancy him he'd know you fancied him from the present, even if he didn't get it himself at least one of his collegues would suggest it. And from there who knows? lol. But he's old so you wouldn't fancy him...

Get him the football shirt, he'll really like it and it's anice way to say thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)

Lol, ok that's too old.

If you did fancy him he'd know you fancied him from the present, even if he didn't get it himself at least one of his collegues would suggest it. And from there who knows? lol. But he's old so you wouldn't fancy him...

Get him the football shirt, he'll really like it and it's anice way to say thanks
    Lol, relieved! Na not my type, ew. But a close friend.. cool, thanks for your opinion me!

ReputationRep:
    Well whether he tells his colleagues is another matter... it would be kinda secret, he's that way inclined. He is married, but it's one led by separate lives, as in they are together - just because...

It's not a matter of throwing money, it's buying something that would mean alot to him, to say a BIG thankyou and other stuff...If i wanted to throw money, i could buy him box seats for special match, now that would be silly...
    the whole 'it would be secret' thing screams ulterior motive to me. May be I'm just a cynic! It is a lovely idea, I just think a little inappropriate...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    the whole 'it would be secret' thing screams ulterior motive to me. May be I'm just a cynic! It is a lovely idea, I just think a little inappropriate...
    No it's just he did that for me, in a present for me bday he gave to me.. he didn't present it to me, but left it for me to find...

It is my fault, since i am worried he would reject it or act strangel, so if i leave it there, when he finds it i don't have to see his reaction. If good, he can say thanks to me, if bad i don't find/need to know.. lol

You see my warped mind... i can see ya point though

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.