Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi for Mice and men it said "speak about context,historical background and releate this to dreams"(or something like that).Then it said "Use 1 or two characters"

However i spoke about 3 .I spoke about George and Lennie(detailed),Slim and carlson (lack of dream)(not so detailed) and Curley wife(detailed).What happens ?Do i get disqualified

My friend said that they mark the first two.My teacher said it doesn't matter,you pick up marks regardless,(another teacher also confirmed this).But one teacher said "The most two detaild ones are picked"
    Which ones are right?
    ARGHH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blancosdos)
    Hi for Mice and men it said "speak about context,historical background and releate this to dreams"(or something like that).Then it said "Use 1 or two characters"

However i spoke about 3 .I spoke about George and Lennie(detailed),Slim and carlson (lack of dream)(not so detailed) and Curley wife(detailed).What happens ?Do i get disqualified

My friend said that they mark the first two.My teacher said it doesn't matter,you pick up marks regardless,(another teacher also confirmed this).But one teacher said "The most two detaild ones are picked"
    Which ones are right?
    ARGHH
    I'd say listen to the other two teachers - my friend did this and my English teacher said the same, they might mark it a little more harshly but they won't just refuse to, so it's 3 v 1 :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm not 100% sure what they'll do, but if it makes you feel any better I did the exact same thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaptErin)
    I'd say listen to the other two teachers - my friend did this and my English teacher said the same, they might mark it a little more harshly but they won't just refuse to, so it's 3 v 1 :P
    Thanks im sooo flipping scared man,worked my ass of .Also,if part B is longer(and better imo) than part A is that a problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luciie)
    I'm not 100% sure what they'll do, but if it makes you feel any better I did the exact same thing
    Well hopefully they be generous man.How did u find it?I found it easy however that mistake pisses me off lol.

ReputationRep:
    I analysed three, but regarded George and Lennie as one person, I also analysed Crooks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blancosdos)
    Well hopefully they be generous man.How did u find it?I found it easy however that mistake pisses me off lol.
    Hopefully :yy: I found the extract quite difficult. I spent too long on the first section so I only had a short amount of time for OMAM and ended up writing 3 rubbish paragraphs for the extract and then literally crammed everything I knew for part b

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luciie)
    Hopefully :yy: I found the extract quite difficult. I spent too long on the first section so I only had a short amount of time for OMAM and ended up writing 3 rubbish paragraphs for the extract and then literally crammed everything I knew for part b
    OMG i did 1 and a half page for Extract,then started part B and did 2 pages on that..Damm..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.