Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok, today I did my English Lit AQA GCSE. The two things I was doing was AIC and TKAM. Mockingbird was fine but on the AIC question I may have messed up... The question asked "How did Gerald and Sheila's relationship change" however, i read it as Sheila and Eric's relationship and that is what I wrote about for 45 mins! I had no idea what I did until after the exam...

What happens now? Because the work I did on Eric and Sheila was in my eyes very good but I hadn't answered the question! Will I get marks or not?

ReputationRep:
    Did you write about their relationship throughout the play? Because if you did then you probably have covered some of it in your answer even if not directly answering the question. Obviously DON'T take my word for it but you should get marks for it if you've wrote about their relationship but not answering the question will lose you some marks!
    I really hope you get a good grade in it tho, try not to worry about it because you have other exams you need to focus on, you can't change it now. Good Luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammy9750)
    Did you write about their relationship throughout the play? Because if you did then you probably have covered some of it in your answer even if not directly answering the question. Obviously DON'T take my word for it but you should get marks for it if you've wrote about their relationship but not answering the question will lose you some marks!
    I really hope you get a good grade in it tho, try not to worry about it because you have other exams you need to focus on, you can't change it now. Good Luck!!
    You mean Sheila and Eric's relationship or Sheila and Gerald's? If Sheila and Eric the yea I did write about it throughout the play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshuaa123)
    You mean Sheila and Eric's relationship or Sheila and Gerald's? If Sheila and Eric the yea I did write about it throughout the play
    Oh :0 sorry!! I can see how easily you read that wrong. I'm sorry! If you have referenced to Sheila and Gerald AT ALL, then hopefully should get some marks (that could depend on the examiner). However you might not get that many marks in this exam because answered it wrong. I'm not sure if they would allow marks if your essay on Sheila and Eric was good but don't count on that just incase. If you can get good marks in the other exams then they can average out your grade to something that you'll hopefully be okay with. I'm sorry this happened in your exam!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    they cant award marks for that unfortunately because you havent answered the question, but they will try to look for something about sheila and gerald because they follow positive marking policy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshuaa123)
    Ok, today I did my English Lit AQA GCSE. The two things I was doing was AIC and TKAM. Mockingbird was fine but on the AIC question I may have messed up... The question asked "How did Gerald and Sheila's relationship change" however, i read it as Sheila and Eric's relationship and that is what I wrote about for 45 mins! I had no idea what I did until after the exam...

What happens now? Because the work I did on Eric and Sheila was in my eyes very good but I hadn't answered the question! Will I get marks or not?
    Me and my friend did the exact same thing, but I could've sworn it said Eric and Sheila! I think a lot of people have done the same thing

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.