Help? Watch

joshuaa123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Ok, today I did my English Lit AQA GCSE. The two things I was doing was AIC and TKAM. Mockingbird was fine but on the AIC question I may have messed up... The question asked "How did Gerald and Sheila's relationship change" however, i read it as Sheila and Eric's relationship and that is what I wrote about for 45 mins! I had no idea what I did until after the exam...

What happens now? Because the work I did on Eric and Sheila was in my eyes very good but I hadn't answered the question! Will I get marks or not?
sammy9750
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Did you write about their relationship throughout the play? Because if you did then you probably have covered some of it in your answer even if not directly answering the question. Obviously DON'T take my word for it but you should get marks for it if you've wrote about their relationship but not answering the question will lose you some marks!
I really hope you get a good grade in it tho, try not to worry about it because you have other exams you need to focus on, you can't change it now. Good Luck!!
joshuaa123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by sammy9750)
Did you write about their relationship throughout the play? Because if you did then you probably have covered some of it in your answer even if not directly answering the question. Obviously DON'T take my word for it but you should get marks for it if you've wrote about their relationship but not answering the question will lose you some marks!
I really hope you get a good grade in it tho, try not to worry about it because you have other exams you need to focus on, you can't change it now. Good Luck!!
You mean Sheila and Eric's relationship or Sheila and Gerald's? If Sheila and Eric the yea I did write about it throughout the play
sammy9750
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by joshuaa123)
You mean Sheila and Eric's relationship or Sheila and Gerald's? If Sheila and Eric the yea I did write about it throughout the play
Oh :0 sorry!! I can see how easily you read that wrong. I'm sorry! If you have referenced to Sheila and Gerald AT ALL, then hopefully should get some marks (that could depend on the examiner). However you might not get that many marks in this exam because answered it wrong. I'm not sure if they would allow marks if your essay on Sheila and Eric was good but don't count on that just incase. If you can get good marks in the other exams then they can average out your grade to something that you'll hopefully be okay with. I'm sorry this happened in your exam!
ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
they cant award marks for that unfortunately because you havent answered the question, but they will try to look for something about sheila and gerald because they follow positive marking policy.
JayJay1928
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by joshuaa123)
Ok, today I did my English Lit AQA GCSE. The two things I was doing was AIC and TKAM. Mockingbird was fine but on the AIC question I may have messed up... The question asked "How did Gerald and Sheila's relationship change" however, i read it as Sheila and Eric's relationship and that is what I wrote about for 45 mins! I had no idea what I did until after the exam...

What happens now? Because the work I did on Eric and Sheila was in my eyes very good but I hadn't answered the question! Will I get marks or not?
Me and my friend did the exact same thing, but I could've sworn it said Eric and Sheila! I think a lot of people have done the same thing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (118)
14.17%
Excited (83)
9.96%
Worried (155)
18.61%
Terrified (191)
22.93%
Meh (55)
6.6%
Confused (24)
2.88%