Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, my application has been approved but I still haven’t sent my DSA form. The evidence I have for my dyslexia has come from my sixth form but it turns out the teacher who assessed me didn’t have a SpLD Assessment Practicing Certificate, which is what I’m supposed to send as evidence.

I’m currently trying to organise an assessment with someone who holds this certificate but I am concerned that I won’t be assessed until after the Student Finance deadline.

Should I wait to do this new assessment and then send the DSA form before the declaration form, or send the declaration form and then the DSA form when it is ready?
    Thanks.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by AmyTheTimelord)
    Hello, my application has been approved but I still haven’t sent my DSA form. The evidence I have for my dyslexia has come from my sixth form but it turns out the teacher who assessed me didn’t have a SpLD Assessment Practicing Certificate, which is what I’m supposed to send as evidence.

I’m currently trying to organise an assessment with someone who holds this certificate but I am concerned that I won’t be assessed until after the Student Finance deadline.

Should I wait to do this new assessment and then send the DSA form before the declaration form, or send the declaration form and then the DSA form when it is ready?
    Thanks.
    I'm sorry that the person who assessed you didnt have the correct qualification
    Get an ed psych assessment done if you can afford it as then it will definitely be accepted as they are much more comprehensive than just spld certificate evidence which will need to be quite specific. Definitely wait for an assessment to do it otherwise its likely they could decline the dsa first time round, generally dsa takes about 4- 8 weeks to sort so you still have the time as the deadline is for the other sfe loans not dsa itself.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.