A-level combo?? Watch

PolarisVega
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Ne t year I will hopefully take, English (lit), politics or classics, biology or chemistry and maths

I don't want to do things that are too coursework heavy, I want to do subjects that I can do well in with hard work but still allow me spare time (so not too full on) and are interesting. I'm not super confident with maths but I'm a solid A, what do you think about this combination? Any experiences with these subjects? Tips or other subject suggestions?
Thanks
ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Eng lit in my opinion takes a lot of time, because you have to read a bunch of books dont you?
biology apparently has a lot of memorisation to do because there's a lot of content. chemistry apparently is hardest a level out there!!!!

maths a level tbh is hard and GCSE maths no way reflects maths a levels, i say this because i did a step up course for it and even at C1 which everyone finds fairly easy, i find it things like differientation so only take maths if you're absolutely in love with it. i got A* at gcse maths but will not take it as i find it difficult :s

i got no experience on the other two but i'll be taking gov+politics which apparently is different to politics somehow?

but if i were to combine your choices i would pick Literature, politics, chemistry and maths. if you're only taking 3 then drop chemistry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.66%
Excited (154)
9.11%
Worried (303)
17.92%
Terrified (376)
22.24%
Meh (162)
9.58%
Confused (37)
2.19%