Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I am literally freaking out about the Maths GCSE on Thursday. It doesn't matter how hard I try I just can't get the hang of it. Could anyone possibly help me please? I'm not completely stupid, my predicted grades are all A's so if there is anything I can help you with then I am all ears!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biebers_Wifey)
    Okay so I am literally freaking out about the Maths GCSE on Thursday. It doesn't matter how hard I try I just can't get the hang of it. Could anyone possibly help me please? I'm not completely stupid, my predicted grades are all A's so if there is anything I can help you with then I am all ears!
    I tend to do a lot of past papers and questions which really help me, I also use the work sheets from mathswatch which are really helpful but you can only get them if you are signed up to it with your school. other than that there are a couple of websites that I have been sent by a family friend who is a maths teacher, they are: mathedup.co.uk and you need to go to gcse take away and there is mrbartonmaths which has past exam papers with mark schemes and worked solutions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyaves2000)
    I tend to do a lot of past papers and questions which really help me, I also use the work sheets from mathswatch which are really helpful but you can only get them if you are signed up to it with your school. other than that there are a couple of websites that I have been sent by a family friend who is a maths teacher, they are: mathedup.co.uk and you need to go to gcse take away and there is mrbartonmaths which has past exam papers with mark schemes and worked solutions
    Thankyou so much, I'll definitely check it out! Can't believe how much I'm freaking out right now

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou so much, I'll definitely check it out! Can't believe how much I'm freaking out right now
    my advice is to calm down and revise. have you got any exams on Tuesday or Wednesday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fractite)
    Yeah sure.

Okay so what do you know? That's always a good place to start.

ReputationRep:
    one of the best things to do also is to search for 2016 maths predicted papers. my maths teacher game me this website for one today: onmaths.com/mock_exams/edexcel-2016-paper-1-prediction/

ReputationRep:
    my advice is to calm down and revise. have you got any exams on Tuesday or Wednesday?

No I don't think so, but I have my final English Literature the day after

ReputationRep:
    one of the best things to do also is to search for 2016 maths predicted papers. my maths teacher game me this website for one today: onmaths.com/mock_exams/edexcel-2016-paper-1-prediction/

Thankyou! That'll help quite a lot

ReputationRep:
    I reckon if you do badly in a past paper that might stress you out and make you lose focus, then its turns into a viscous cycle. Chill out, don't worry about how well you do at the moment, just take your time through questions and only time yourself after a few chilled goes. I do A level maths and am available for maths questions on PM

ReputationRep:
    No I don't think so, but I have my final English Literature the day after
    ok I think focusing on maths is important for now then as you can revise English on thurs evening

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou! That'll help quite a lot
    no probs

ReputationRep:
    I'm good at maths...always getting A's but no matter how hard I try I can never get to that A* grade..any tips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanyjx)
    I'm good at maths...always getting A's but no matter how hard I try I can never get to that A* grade..any tips?
    practice, practice ,practice , practice, the more you practice, the higher your grades will be, I went from a grade E in maths to straight A*s AND i'm entered for further maths gcse AND additional maths OCR AS, just by constant practice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanyjx)
    spend time answering A* questions on topics that you struggle with. you could also not be managing to get and A* because you are finding some of the easier things hard as well so as a tip I would watch videos on things like youtube and visit the websites that I have mentioned in ast posts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nayzar)
    I reckon if you do badly in a past paper that might stress you out and make you lose focus, then its turns into a viscous cycle. Chill out, don't worry about how well you do at the moment, just take your time through questions and only time yourself after a few chilled goes. I do A level maths and am available for maths questions on PM

Okay thank you! I do have a few questions actually!

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.