Bernie2016
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Can anyone explain to me what i need to do so that i can get full marks on tomorrows paper? Im currently a bit confused about how to lay out the questions (especially the 16 marker) and how to use the exam technique. I know all the content its just exam technique that usually takes all my marks away ):.

Thanks
A.bi.iii
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My main tip is for every question use the term 'sustainable' as MANY times as you can. In my preps I was getting F-D's but in the final one I achieved an A* and that is mainly what I did.
cicelym
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Bernie2016)
Can anyone explain to me what i need to do so that i can get full marks on tomorrows paper? Im currently a bit confused about how to lay out the questions (especially the 16 marker) and how to use the exam technique. I know all the content its just exam technique that usually takes all my marks away ):.

Thanks
I'm struggling with exam technique too,
also do you know why soft engineering defences are usually more sustainable than hard engineering defences?
conconjones
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did my GCSEs 2 years ago and got a B in Geography, however it was edexcel not ocr although I imagine the content would be very similar. I didn't really do loads of revision, just learnt case studies and read through my revision guide.

The best advice I can give for the layout of your questions is to read through mark schemes of past papers, they should be easy to find on the ocr website. This will help you to understand how to structure your answers!

cicelym - soft engineering defences are often more sustainable because they are are often a lot cheaper to implement and maintain, which reduces the pressure on the economy and government funding. Also, many soft engineering defences are self repairing and more natural, so they do not need to be repaired as often as hard engineering defences.

Good luck!
Bernie2016
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thanks guys, does anyone have any tips for the smaller questions?
Ro5eyJam
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i would recommend just basically using the info from the resource book and placing it into the context of the question(make sure you keep on referring back to the original question)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (13)
38.24%
I really love the subject (11)
32.35%