Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone explain to me what i need to do so that i can get full marks on tomorrows paper? Im currently a bit confused about how to lay out the questions (especially the 16 marker) and how to use the exam technique. I know all the content its just exam technique that usually takes all my marks away ):.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    My main tip is for every question use the term 'sustainable' as MANY times as you can. In my preps I was getting F-D's but in the final one I achieved an A* and that is mainly what I did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bernie2016)
    Can anyone explain to me what i need to do so that i can get full marks on tomorrows paper? Im currently a bit confused about how to lay out the questions (especially the 16 marker) and how to use the exam technique. I know all the content its just exam technique that usually takes all my marks away ):.

Thanks
    I'm struggling with exam technique too,
    also do you know why soft engineering defences are usually more sustainable than hard engineering defences?

ReputationRep:
    I did my GCSEs 2 years ago and got a B in Geography, however it was edexcel not ocr although I imagine the content would be very similar. I didn't really do loads of revision, just learnt case studies and read through my revision guide.

The best advice I can give for the layout of your questions is to read through mark schemes of past papers, they should be easy to find on the ocr website. This will help you to understand how to structure your answers!

cicelym - soft engineering defences are often more sustainable because they are are often a lot cheaper to implement and maintain, which reduces the pressure on the economy and government funding. Also, many soft engineering defences are self repairing and more natural, so they do not need to be repaired as often as hard engineering defences.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, does anyone have any tips for the smaller questions?

ReputationRep:
    i would recommend just basically using the info from the resource book and placing it into the context of the question(make sure you keep on referring back to the original question)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.