Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I handed in my GCSE art book to my teacher, and she has lost it (we have looked everywhere). I was just wondering if anyone knows what would happen because I think its unfair that she lost it and my grade could be affected because truly this isn't my fault.

The book is also 40% of my final grade (past present future)

ReputationRep:
    I think your school can apply for Special Consideration....though you have no work to back it up as everything was in that book, I presume??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostGirlOnTheRun)
    I think your school can apply for Special Consideration....though you have no work to back it up as everything was in that book, I presume??
    Yeah, all my coursework was in that book all I have is my final piece, hopefully I don't fail due to this because I find that unfair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgia350)
    Yeah, all my coursework was in that book all I have is my final piece, hopefully I don't fail due to this because I find that unfair
    WOW-she needs to find that ASAP-do u not have any pics of your CW?

ReputationRep:
    WOW-she needs to find that ASAP-do u not have any pics of your CW?
    Nope none at all, my teacher was pretty certain that it wasn't missing as she "hasn't lost one book in 30 years of teaching" however I am certain that she lost it because I put it in a box for marking and that was the last I saw of it. No pictures at all, just my final piece and one other drawing but that is all I have

ReputationRep:
    Nope none at all, my teacher was pretty certain that it wasn't missing as she "hasn't lost one book in 30 years of teaching" however I am certain that she lost it because I put it in a box for marking and that was the last I saw of it. No pictures at all, just my final piece and one other drawing but that is all I have
    WOW-u need serious help otherwise you might fail! U will have to help find it, sorry I can't think of anything else!

ReputationRep:
    This happened to me, luckily, mine was found!
    At first my teacher was vile about it and said id get 0 for the whole course, however she later said she said this to scare me into looking harder (shame it was under the seat of her car after it fell out of her marking book bag.)
    She told me after my many tears that AQA (my exam board) would put this under special consideration.
    Tbf, i don't think it even gets mentioned unless your book gets called up for marking. My teacher said i'd still receive the grade i originally had in the book (A/A*) as she would vouch for me and say she had seen what i was capable in the book. Plus, your year ten and exam book would be of a similar quality. You'll still get your grade is the moral of the story!!! its just annoying you've lost a years worth of work you probably wanted to keep.

ReputationRep:
    WOW-u need serious help otherwise you might fail! U will have to help find it, sorry I can't think of anything else!
    Exactly, thanks so much for your help I will ask about special consideration

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, thanks so much for your help I will ask about special consideration
    Yeh definitely ask for that-u have to be entitled for that! They can't deny it-it wasnt even your fault!
    Hope it works out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elmxxxx)
    This happened to me, luckily, mine was found!
    At first my teacher was vile about it and said id get 0 for the whole course, however she later said she said this to scare me into looking harder (shame it was under the seat of her car after it fell out of her marking book bag.)
    She told me after my many tears that AQA (my exam board) would put this under special consideration.
    Tbf, i don't think it even gets mentioned unless your book gets called up for marking. My teacher said i'd still receive the grade i originally had in the book (A/A*) as she would vouch for me and say she had seen what i was capable in the book. Plus, your year ten and exam book would be of a similar quality. You'll still get your grade is the moral of the story!!! its just annoying you've lost a years worth of work you probably wanted to keep.
    I don't think my book is up for marking, however art for me has just been a bad subject. During my first project I was missing for most of it due to serious health issues so my identity book isn't great, now this book missing xD. I will ask if I'm up for marking and if I'm not I will ask what would happen. Thanks a lot for your help I'm going to ask her first thing tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Yeh definitely ask for that-u have to be entitled for that! They can't deny it-it wasnt even your fault!
    Hope it works out!
    I will ask first thing tomorrow and keep this post updated in case anyone else needs the information xD

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.