Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This has been bugging me all day and I just wanted to know if it was a problem. So every AQA exam I've had so far I've been given a booklet which is full of lined paper which you are to write in your answers to the questions of the exam. There are two small digit boxes on the left which you are suppose to write in the question number. I only just realized like 5 minutes before the exam that on the front of this booklet it said to leave at least 2 lines between each question and I have not done this for the majority of all the papers I have sat in AQA so far. Was it absolutely necessary to leave 2 lines after each question or not? and will this effect me as I am really panicking about it!
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Most likely that's just for photocopying or scanning purposes. It won't make a huge difference, maybe the first or last lines will be cut off but that's unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSilentStudent)
    This has been bugging me all day and I just wanted to know if it was a problem. So every AQA exam I've had so far I've been given a booklet which is full of lined paper which you are to write in your answers to the questions of the exam. There are two small digit boxes on the left which you are suppose to write in the question number. I only just realized like 5 minutes before the exam that on the front of this booklet it said to leave at least 2 lines between each question and I have not done this for the majority of all the papers I have sat in AQA so far. Was it absolutely necessary to leave 2 lines after each question or not? and will this effect me as I am really panicking about it!
    Thanks.
    Wait what were you? I didn't but i'm pretty sure it won't effect you drastically as you have written the question numbers in the little boxes so you'll be fine and the examiner will know what question you are trying to answer so hopefully we will not get penalised for it. From what i've heard many candidates had not written the questions numbers at all and have asked AQA and they have replied saying you will not lose any marks! So don't worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123moon)
    Wait what were you? I didn't but i'm pretty sure it won't effect you drastically as you have written the question numbers in the little boxes so you'll be fine and the examiner will know what question you are trying to answer so hopefully we will not get penalised for it. From what i've heard many candidates had not written the questions numbers at all and have asked AQA and they have replied saying you will not lose any marks! So don't worry
    Ok I did write all the question numbers I just did not leave 2 lines for each question as it says on the front to do but I guess it will be fine since I did answer the questions but I will make sure in the future AQA exams (poetry on Friday) that I leave 2 spaces just in case.
    Thanks for the quick reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSilentStudent)
    Ok I did write all the question numbers I just did not leave 2 lines for each question as it says on the front to do but I guess it will be fine since I did answer the questions but I will make sure in the future AQA exams (poetry on Friday) that I leave 2 spaces just in case.
    Thanks for the quick reply
    No problem! Sorry for going off 'on one' about the question numbers instead of leaving the 2 lines in-between your answers but just thought that the same rule may apply to both. Good luck and all the best wishes for your poetry exam on Friday and for any exams that are in-between or may follow.

ReputationRep:
    Hi my daughter has done the same today. What was the result of this please?

ReputationRep:
    My son did the exact same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom456q)
    My son did the exact same
    I looked it up on twitter and over the years AQA have said it's fine and will still be marked so we are trying not to worry.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.