(Original post by xxKristenxx)
    The coasts and urban paper (aqa b)?
    AQA A, still doing coasts though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie Vardy)
    Advice?
    What grade are you aiming for?

ReputationRep:
    you don't need to revise loads that what i did last year for the mocks, i got A on both papers for igcse. revise keywords and stats for your big mark questions, thats my advice

ReputationRep:
    Get cramming!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie Vardy)
    AQA A, still doing coasts though.
    Okay so here is some coasts stuff. (Doing this to help me revise too)

Coasts as a multi-use area: CASE STUDY= Southampton
    - The port of Southampton: handles 750,000 vehicles a year. Harbour of over 1km.
    -Keyhaven nature reserve: over 800 hectares of mudflats and salt marsh. Provides recreational and educational facilities.
    -Calshot Activity Centre: One of the largest water-based activities centres in the UK.
    -Oil refinery: Handles over 2,000 ships a year, carrying 25 million tonnes of oil. Over 3000 people work there.

Economic development in coastal areas: CASE STUDY= Dubai
    -Dubailand. Over 24 theme parks and shopping malls.
    -The Dubai coastline has increased by over 400km.
    -11km of hotels, resorts and marinas along the coastline.
    -More than 1,000 beachside villas and apartments on the Palm Jumeirah.

Coastal Management: CASE STUDY= SMMA (Soufriere Marine Management Area) in St Lucia.
    -The coast is split into four different uses; fishing, recreational, multi-use and marine conservation.
    -Monitored by wardens.

There is so much more but i can't be bothered sorry... I am ******** myself for tomorrow. What did you get in the mocks?

ReputationRep:
    I'll help you with some living world stuff (to help me revise stuff too, but you might not even be studying this topic but it may help others):

- Tropical rainforests - case study - Amazonian Rainforest - Biggest cause of deforestation = Cattle ranching. Others causes = Slash and Burn farming (locals clear land, vegetation burned provies ash= fertile soil, after the feritlity is exhausted, locals moves onto next areas, original area slowly regenerates) Roads to carry resources out of the amazon e.g. amazonian highway. Logging sought after wood, e.g. mahogany, exported to MEDC's. Ecotourism, e.g. ecolodge. Effects - loss of wildlife habitats, tribes driven form home, loss of medicines. Responses - Replanting trees, zoning (set aside areas for e.g. tourism, natural regeneration.

-Hot Deserts -case study - Sahara (LEDC) Australian Outback (MEDC) - Issues - Desertification (where more land becomes desert, soil blown away becomes useless for graze+crops) Overcultivation due to irrigation and salinity ( salts rise to the surface and toxicity causes them to die). Solutions should be sustainable farming methods. (cant be bothered writing anymore about hot deserts.)

-Temperate Deciduous Forest - case study - Epping Forest - uses - cleared for farming, felled for timber, used for recreational purposes. Sustainable - National trust conservation and protection of forest. Pollarding - cutting top branches to encourage new shoots.

ReputationRep:
    your all f*****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IGCSETANK)
    your all f*****
    Thank you for those encouraging words...lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123moon)
    Thank you for those encouraging words...lol
    Geography is easy don't steal anyone can a B without revising I got a B/A in my mocks just by looking at other peoples notes in the morning.
    Btw I got As in all my class unit tests

ReputationRep:
    you really need to manage your time better. doing no revision is a mistake you make in y10, shouldn't be one to be made in y11.

having said that - I wish you the best of luck. make the best out of the time in which you have left

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You only need case studies
    Easy

ReputationRep:
    71/112 Last Year For an A!

12 marks for SPAG

Edexcel Geography A is tough.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, it went rather well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IGCSETANK)
    your all f*****
    I agree. Great support. Thanks. BIG shout out to IGCSETANK. Thanks buddy.

ReputationRep:
    just learn all case studies so you can at least answer the big questions!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.