GCSE OCR Computer Systems & Programming A451

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Hi i was wondering if any of you have done the past papers and spotted any frequently asked questions on the exam paper

Or maybe any websites you revise from or find really useful to revise this topic?

Basically any help at all will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Watch all of these videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBUN...X-eslHud2Lyycd

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamSp123)
    Watch all of these videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBUN...X-eslHud2Lyycd

Good luck
    LOL I do the exact same thing. But I also read the textbook as the videos don't address some of the keywords and content.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CopyThat)
    Hi i was wondering if any of you have done the past papers and spotted any frequently asked questions on the exam paper

Or maybe any websites you revise from or find really useful to revise this topic?

Basically any help at all will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    I think this was a good method for OCR Computing, but then they got wise to what everyone was doing so last year's paper completely messed this up, it was really difficult and not at all like previous papers, so I'm not sure it's really worth looking at frequent questions because I think they've changed them all :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaptErin)
    I think this was a good method for OCR Computing, but then they got wise to what everyone was doing so last year's paper completely messed this up, it was really difficult and not at all like previous papers, so I'm not sure it's really worth looking at frequent questions because I think they've changed them all :/
    I feel so sorry for you that you had to do that paper - the algorithm at the end was horrific! :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    I feel so sorry for you that you had to do that paper - the algorithm at the end was horrific! :/
    I did the that paper as a mock.... I wanted to kill myself

Never been taught Operands or whatever they were called.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    Luckily I didn't, haha, I'm taking my exam this year - I just remember being so confused when we did it in our mock I agree though, those poor people who had to go through that paper :/ at least the grade boundaries were low

ReputationRep:
    For all those who are stressed for the Computing exam. We only need like 60% for an A! You can literally skip the big questions and do the smaller ones and that can get you an A!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faizanasif)
    For all those who are stressed for the Computing exam. We only need like 60% for an A! You can literally skip the big questions and do the smaller ones and that can get you an A!
    I'm pushing for an A overall, I got an A* and an A in my controlled assessments however the written examination is my weakest part :/

ReputationRep:
    I'm pushing for an A overall, I got an A* and an A in my controlled assessments however the written examination is my weakest part :/
    For A453, I got a C as our old teacher was so rubbish, he left before even teaching us how to program, and we had to do our controlled assessment with a supply teacher!

However, for A452, as we actually had a decent teacher, I managed to get an A* which is nice. Apparently I need a high A in the exam to get an A

ReputationRep:
    88/90 in my coursework, only need a low A for A* overall xD (sorry for the brief ego trip). Seriously though, I find topics like databases and networking quite difficult as well as more limited ones such as colour depth.

ReputationRep:
    I need 79/80 in my Controlled Assessment to get an A* , I'm good but I'm not that good. I ended up with two A's. I'm hoping somehow the moderation will boost them up to A*s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afro Tail)
    I need 79/80 in my Controlled Assessment to get an A* , I'm good but I'm not that good. I ended up with two A's. I'm hoping somehow the moderation will boost them up to A*s.
    Don't they get moderated while the teacher marks them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faizanasif)
    Don't they get moderated while the teacher marks them?
    The marks have been sent off, but the OCR exam board didn't moderate any of the work while it was being marked. I'd assume they will check the submissions now that it's been sent to them.

(Original post by zeldor711)
    88/90 in my coursework, only need a low A for A* overall xD (sorry for the brief ego trip). Seriously though, I find topics like databases and networking quite difficult as well as more limited ones such as colour depth.
    is that how it works?

got the same as u and i thought I needed a high A to get an A*

but i want to get as high as possible

does anyone have the 2015 paper and mark scheme to do? wanna try it out bc everyone's saying it's hard ini

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afro Tail)
    The marks have been sent off, but the OCR exam board didn't moderate any of the work while it was being marked. I'd assume they will check the submissions now that it's been sent to them.
    Ah, I see. Well I cope the C I got in A453 increases!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zanner)
    is that how it works?

does anyone have the 2015 paper and mark scheme to do? wanna try it out bc everyone's saying it's hard ini
    Maybe i do need a mid A lol. It's because the coursework is worth more than than the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zanner)
    is that how it works?

Definitely a low A with 88/90, I got the same and calculated it (terrible with theory here)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did the that paper as a mock.... I wanted to kill myself

Never been taught Operands or whatever they were called.
    I always want to kill myself when I revise computing, man

The pain is REAL

(Original post by zeldor711)
    Maybe i do need a mid A lol. It's because the coursework is worth more than than the exam
    yep! i haven't calculated it tho but all should be well

(Original post by Vanilla Cupcake)
    Definitely a low A with 88/90, I got the same and calculated it (terrible with theory here)
    88/90 will be 100 UMS right? notbad.jpeg
    I like theory! It's not too bad but you gotta be really precise with vocabulary i think

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 24, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.