The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR Computer Systems & Programming A451

Hi i was wondering if any of you have done the past papers and spotted any frequently asked questions on the exam paper

Or maybe any websites you revise from or find really useful to revise this topic?

Basically any help at all will be greatly appreciated

LOL I do the exact same thing. But I also read the textbook as the videos don't address some of the keywords and content.
Reply 3
Original post by CopyThat
Hi i was wondering if any of you have done the past papers and spotted any frequently asked questions on the exam paper

Or maybe any websites you revise from or find really useful to revise this topic?

Basically any help at all will be greatly appreciated

I think this was a good method for OCR Computing, but then they got wise to what everyone was doing so last year's paper completely messed this up, it was really difficult and not at all like previous papers, so I'm not sure it's really worth looking at frequent questions because I think they've changed them all :/
Original post by CaptErin
I think this was a good method for OCR Computing, but then they got wise to what everyone was doing so last year's paper completely messed this up, it was really difficult and not at all like previous papers, so I'm not sure it's really worth looking at frequent questions because I think they've changed them all :/

I feel so sorry for you that you had to do that paper - the algorithm at the end was horrific! :/
Reply 5
Original post by surina16
I feel so sorry for you that you had to do that paper - the algorithm at the end was horrific! :/

I did the that paper as a mock.... I wanted to kill myself

Never been taught Operands or whatever they were called.
Reply 6
Original post by surina16

Luckily I didn't, haha, I'm taking my exam this year - I just remember being so confused when we did it in our mock :smile: I agree though, those poor people who had to go through that paper :/ at least the grade boundaries were low
For all those who are stressed for the Computing exam. We only need like 60% for an A! You can literally skip the big questions and do the smaller ones and that can get you an A!
Reply 8
Original post by Faizanasif
For all those who are stressed for the Computing exam. We only need like 60% for an A! You can literally skip the big questions and do the smaller ones and that can get you an A!

I'm pushing for an A overall, I got an A* and an A in my controlled assessments however the written examination is my weakest part :/
I'm pushing for an A overall, I got an A* and an A in my controlled assessments however the written examination is my weakest part :/

For A453, I got a C as our old teacher was so rubbish, he left before even teaching us how to program, and we had to do our controlled assessment with a supply teacher!

However, for A452, as we actually had a decent teacher, I managed to get an A* which is nice. Apparently I need a high A in the exam to get an A
88/90 in my coursework, only need a low A for A* overall xD (sorry for the brief ego trip). Seriously though, I find topics like databases and networking quite difficult as well as more limited ones such as colour depth.
I need 79/80 in my Controlled Assessment to get an A* , I'm good but I'm not that good. I ended up with two A's. I'm hoping somehow the moderation will boost them up to A*s.
Original post by Afro Tail
I need 79/80 in my Controlled Assessment to get an A* , I'm good but I'm not that good. I ended up with two A's. I'm hoping somehow the moderation will boost them up to A*s.

Don't they get moderated while the teacher marks them?
Original post by Faizanasif
Don't they get moderated while the teacher marks them?

The marks have been sent off, but the OCR exam board didn't moderate any of the work while it was being marked. I'd assume they will check the submissions now that it's been sent to them.
Reply 14
Original post by zeldor711
88/90 in my coursework, only need a low A for A* overall xD (sorry for the brief ego trip). Seriously though, I find topics like databases and networking quite difficult as well as more limited ones such as colour depth.

is that how it works?

got the same as u and i thought I needed a high A to get an A*

but i want to get as high as possible

does anyone have the 2015 paper and mark scheme to do? wanna try it out bc everyone's saying it's hard ini
Original post by Afro Tail
The marks have been sent off, but the OCR exam board didn't moderate any of the work while it was being marked. I'd assume they will check the submissions now that it's been sent to them.

Ah, I see. Well I cope the C I got in A453 increases! :redface:
Original post by zanner
is that how it works?

does anyone have the 2015 paper and mark scheme to do? wanna try it out bc everyone's saying it's hard ini

Maybe i do need a mid A lol. It's because the coursework is worth more than than the exam
Original post by zanner
is that how it works?

Definitely a low A with 88/90, I got the same and calculated it (terrible with theory here)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did the that paper as a mock.... I wanted to kill myself

Never been taught Operands or whatever they were called.

I always want to kill myself when I revise computing, man

The pain is REAL
Reply 19
Original post by zeldor711
Maybe i do need a mid A lol. It's because the coursework is worth more than than the exam

yep! i haven't calculated it tho but all should be well

Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
Definitely a low A with 88/90, I got the same and calculated it (terrible with theory here)

88/90 will be 100 UMS right? notbad.jpeg
I like theory! It's not too bad but you gotta be really precise with vocabulary i think

Quick Reply

Latest