Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right, I have exam coming up soon and I really need to learn the sin and cos wave and how to describe the TERRible (Translation, Enlargement, Reflection and Rotations). My maths teacher have chosen the worse time to be ill and stay home and other math teachers haven't been helpful '"why would a C-grade student be asking for help on A* topics"' '"You don't need to learn that"' '"it's not important, you don't need that, focus on C's topic"'
    They don't understand that I want A* in my maths so I do need to learn Sin and Cos wave, can someone help me learn and understand it?

ReputationRep:
    These videos should be quite helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYXKxvMmHkE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iAh2ajUb2M
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8F5bGfG46U

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LivMalseed)
    Right, I have exam coming up soon and I really need to learn the sin and cos wave and how to describe the TERRible (Translation, Enlargement, Reflection and Rotations). My maths teacher have chosen the worse time to be ill and stay home and other math teachers haven't been helpful '"why would a C-grade student be asking for help on A* topics"' '"You don't need to learn that"' '"it's not important, you don't need that, focus on C's topic"'
    They don't understand that I want A* in my maths so I do need to learn Sin and Cos wave, can someone help me learn and understand it?
    So..........
    Sin wave is very simple

At 180 degree, the number is at 0 because it's on the line but if the point is at 90 degree then it should be at 1.
    Go on the calculator and put SIN(90), the answer should be 1
    Also, if you put SIN(180) then the answer would be 0.
    The reasons why:
    For example:
    If you put the point on the disc and the pencil in the middle so you can roll on it, two tables , the gap where you should put the disc, roll it, you can see the point, it starts from the 180 to 90 and gone down to 180 to 90 down then up to 180 to 90 up. Go on the Internet, put sin x wave. You will understand my point.

Cos wave

Very complicated so I will try my best to explain in details

If you put in the calculator, cos(180), the answer is -1 and 90= 0
    So why?
    Because it doesn't start at 180.
    It's starts at 0 degree so the answer in the calculator will be 1. ( cos(0)=1)

So it did start in 0 degree moves to 90 which is 0 and then moves to 180 which is -1 etc......270 degree back to 0.

So the graph should start from 0 to 180 from 1 to -1.
    Look on the Internet, cos x wave

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.