Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Knowing that The universe is infinate and know that being English is like winning the national lottery of nationalities.

Is it best to go to Uni and Study politics or Law.
    Knowing that you would like to have options in life of possibly traveling, Security service work, good public speaker, into the public life such as a minister.
    Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    I think I would study law. There are more opportunities if you do Law.

ReputationRep:
    Is just the over subscription that worries me

ReputationRep:
    Politics definately. Way more interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blood & Honour)
    Knowing that The universe is infinate and know that being English is like winning the national lottery of nationalities.

Knowing that you would like to have options in life of possibly traveling, Security service work, good public speaker, into the public life such as a minister.
    Any ideas?
    The universe is not infinite, but welll back to the topic...

It really depends on what you are good at. I think you should go for what you think you would enyoy the most. Remember that if you are to build a career you wantto do it in a field you can enyoy for the rest of your life. Of course it is possible to do several courses, but you are off to a good start if you pick a subject you are good at and enyoy at the same time.

(Original post by Jonatan)
    The universe is not infinite, but welll back to the topic...

It really depends on what you are good at. I think you should go for what you think you would enyoy the most. Remember that if you are to build a career you wantto do it in a field you can enyoy for the rest of your life. Of course it is possible to do several courses, but you are off to a good start if you pick a subject you are good at and enyoy at the same time.
    But the multiverse may well be.

(Original post by Blood & Honour)

Any ideas?
    I wouldn't study either of them. This is why you should weigh up what you enjoy and what you think you would be good at!!!

ReputationRep:
    I love to argue, wether it because i like playing the devils advocate, i like the attension, simply being controversial or prehaps i am just too arrogant in my beliefs.
    Thats what i would like to incorperate, i think i am a good people person as i act and do not feel confined in myself.

I was reading 1 of the Brian Heap degree course offer books and i find the type of question based around law far more compelling than that on Politics with International Relations.
    EG, Law - How do you solve the problem of overcrowding as a) Judge, b) Lawyer or c) The PM.
    eg Politics - Analysis Labours constitional reform programme post '97

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 4, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.