Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My mental health is a complete and utter mess. I have anxiety all of the time (undiagnosed) and I am certain I am also depressed. I have felt like this for maybe a year, maybe longer, but right now I am feeling it massively. The real issue is that I cannot remember the last time I felt happy.

I am in my second year of A levels, hoping to go to University next year. My head is a complete mess, I find it hard to get up in the mornings to head off to Sixth Form. I just do not know what to do. I am behind massively in one of my subjects which is hindering my chances of getting into University, which just adds to the massive problems I am under.

I get migraines often, feel anxious and feel lower than low. My first exam is in 17 days and I feel physically sick about it. I have no real and consistent motivation to revise. I want to go to University more than anything and even though I do not need to get very high grades to get into my firm (around BCC) this seems impossible right now with what I am going through.

I feel like dropping out would do my health a world of good but I don't really know. I need to get through these exams and get into University, however now I feel stuck.

I have not spoke to anyone about this. This is the first time I've properly spoke out about it.

ReputationRep:
    Speak to your GP as he or she can advise you on the way forward and make any appropriate referral for supporting you. Also speak to your welfare team at college if you have one as they might be able to speak to you confidentially and provide support with your academic studies. It is better to do this now rather than later as the sooner you get some advice the quicker you can focus your efforts back on your work.

ReputationRep:
    You should go to the doctor, one of the most helpful things when you feel like that is imagine anything is possible. Imagine you can out perform anyone in your exams. I find that helps me a lot because it boosts up my confidence, sometimes you have to think happy thoughts for your brain to release some happy hormones.

I think you should go to the doctors, stick at exams for the end of the year, hopefully after exams you can get some form of counselling (maybe defer a year?).

But for now maybe talk to a friend or someone close to you and try to comfort yourself by thinking as many positive thoughts as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My mental health is a complete and utter mess. I have anxiety all of the time (undiagnosed) and I am certain I am also depressed. I have felt like this for maybe a year, maybe longer, but right now I am feeling it massively. The real issue is that I cannot remember the last time I felt happy.

I am in my second year of A levels, hoping to go to University next year. My head is a complete mess, I find it hard to get up in the mornings to head off to Sixth Form. I just do not know what to do. I am behind massively in one of my subjects which is hindering my chances of getting into University, which just adds to the massive problems I am under.

I get migraines often, feel anxious and feel lower than low. My first exam is in 17 days and I feel physically sick about it. I have no real and consistent motivation to revise. I want to go to University more than anything and even though I do not need to get very high grades to get into my firm (around BCC) this seems impossible right now with what I am going through.

I feel like dropping out would do my health a world of good but I don't really know. I need to get through these exams and get into University, however now I feel stuck.

I have not spoke to anyone about this. This is the first time I've properly spoke out about it.

Hey, i just wanted to tell you you aren't alone in this. And i get how it can affect your studies and everyday basically. If you wanna talk about pm me (private message) i dont like posting openly about it. But there are some techniques that may help you to relax and get through this period. Also it would be wise to contact the uni you wish to go to and let them know about this. But for a real diagnosis i would see a doctor. I saw one and got referred to a mental health team who have't done much for me tbh. But it's worth getting a real diagnosis and letting your future uni know so they take that into consideration. Anyways i dont wanna ramble too much but do feel free to private message me for more advice and venting or just anythign really.
    Sending hugs your way bc you deserve them x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 1970
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.