Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Signs of abuse, but can't remember anything Watch

I wasn't sure where to post this but anyway, For a while I've only just realised after searching it, I have/had signs of sexual abuse, except I don't remember any abuse.
    For example; I was a very sexual child at a young age, I used to mb a lot (if you know what I'm saying) and I feel disgusting to admit it but I used to have fetishes. I also feel disgusting to admit, ever since I was 9 (I've recently stopped thoigh) I used to chat to older men on websites and send them dirty messages. I have other symptoms, but i'm not going to go into too much detail.

I do also suffer from other various mental health issues, but I don't know if that was caused by abuse or it's always been present or these things are just symptoms of my illnesses.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I wasn't sure where to post this but anyway, For a while I've only just realised after searching it, I have/had signs of sexual abuse, except I don't remember any abuse.
    For example; I was a very sexual child at a young age, I used to mb a lot (if you know what I'm saying) and I feel disgusting to admit it but I used to have fetishes. I also feel disgusting to admit, ever since I was 9 (I've recently stopped thoigh) I used to chat to older men on websites and send them dirty messages. I have other symptoms, but i'm not going to go into too much detail.

I do also suffer from other various mental health issues, but I don't know if that was caused by abuse or it's always been present or these things are just symptoms of my illnesses.
    I cant really tell you if you were sexually abused or not, but i'll try to give a little guiance for yiu to think about it.
    What you have mentioned are just signs that could indicate it and could be caused by other things.
    If you aren't too worried about it you could just assume it's one of the other possible reasons and leave it at that.
    I can see why you would be worried though so if you wan to try to work it out here are my suggestions
    Google it (since I and others won't know everything) and try sites that talk about abuse and mh problems. Maybe Mid, Sane, Childline etc.
    Think about any possible other signs. Are there any people who creeped you out or who you were scared of. When did you start messaging those men? Is it possible that was the start of things?
    Ask somebody you trust (mum or day or other family maybe) if they have any ideas. Maybe they knew about or suspected something and decided to not mention it for some reason. Maybe they know another reason for it.
    Look into counselling or therapy. They could help you work through your thoughts and come to terms with anything you may need to come to terms with.

Sorry I can't be any more help. It's not something I know much about. I wish you all the best luck though

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 1970
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.