The Student Room Group

UCL Foreign Language requirement?

I am looking into UCL and notice that it says that for UK based students they require a GCSE language grade of at least C or Equivalent. It also states that this is for UK based students only. I am wondering if this is purely for students that are born in the UK? AS I was born in Lithuania and lived in Germany for 6 years. There for English is my 3rd Language, does this suffice their requirements? The school that I attended for GCSE and still currently attend did not do GCSE German and therefore I had to partake in French lessons to which at the end I ended up achieving a grade F. Does this affect my chances given that I have lived in England for 10 years ( 7 - current) Thank you.
When I put UCL down as insurance, they told me that I had to attend a summer language school as I did not take a GCSE language, despite the fact that I am bilingual. I doubt they'll put much weighting on your French GCSE tbh...
Reply 2
Original post by RooT_Fifteen
When I put UCL down as insurance, they told me that I had to attend a summer language school as I did not take a GCSE language, despite the fact that I am bilingual. I doubt they'll put much weighting on your French GCSE tbh...

Thank you, very reassuring.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending