Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm an international student and am only familiar with UK schools from what i've read online. I've received offers from the following programs:

University of Surrey - MSc Corporate Environmental Management
    Royal Holloway - MSc Sustainability and Management
    Birkbeck - Msc Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability

They are all fairly similar programs, so I am having trouble deciding. I'm leaning towards Surrey right now, mostly because in all the rankings i've seen online it's ranked highest. I would love to hear from people who might be more familiar with these schools and their reputations (internet research can only get me so far).
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by KET35)
    I'm an international student and am only familiar with UK schools from what i've read online. I've received offers from the following programs:

University of Surrey - MSc Corporate Environmental Management
    Royal Holloway - MSc Sustainability and Management
    Birkbeck - Msc Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability

They are all fairly similar programs, so I am having trouble deciding. I'm leaning towards Surrey right now, mostly because in all the rankings i've seen online it's ranked highest. I would love to hear from people who might be more familiar with these schools and their reputations (internet research can only get me so far).
    Hey there.

I just graduated from Royal Holloway's MSc Sustainability and Management in December. I found this to be a really engaging course and I really liked that it was taught jointly between the Department of Geography and the School of Management, as this allowed us to gain an interdisciplinary understanding of sustainability and its place within business.

I was drawn to there being strong research interests surrounding sustainability more generally at Royal Holloway, and the university has its own Centre for Research into Sustainability (CRIS) in which an international group of researchers and educators actively engage with the understanding of organisational responses to the multiple facets of sustainability.

I was also drawn to the fact that Royal Holloway is part of the University of London, and felt that this would provide greater scope should I choose to work internationally later in my career.

Overall I had a very positive experience on this course and found that it developed my interests and understanding of sustainability. Feel free to ask me any more questions about this course!

Camilla

ReputationRep:
    Hey Camilla, Did you consider the programme at Bath University?

ReputationRep:
    I think go for Birkbeck, I studied at Surrey and yes it is a nice university but the area is very quiet. You will be in London, the greatest city in the world and have a degree under the University of London banner, which also helps for jobs in foreign countries.

I know a few people who gave up good offers at top universities just to experience London. Birkbeck is also a great university with a more mature community, so you will definitely enjoy it there.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.