Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi people I need help. I worked for a company in London for just a month and resigned after a month and found another job in a different city far from London. I joined because I was offered good pay. Now I recently applied for another job in London again (not the same company) and I made it till the final interview. I know I will be asked why I left my previous job in just a month. I cannot tell them I was offered better pay nor I can say because it was far for me to travel to London as the company where I applied now is in London as well. So please I need your help to give me some good ideas to tackle this question during my interview.
    Thank you.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by zeenatamin)
    Hi people I need help. I worked for a company in London for just a month and resigned after a month and found another job in a different city far from London. I joined because I was offered good pay. Now I recently applied for another job in London again (not the same company) and I made it till the final interview. I know I will be asked why I left my previous job in just a month. I cannot tell them I was offered better pay nor I can say because it was far for me to travel to London as the company where I applied now is in London as well. So please I need your help to give me some good ideas to tackle this question during my interview.
    Thank you.
    As you were there a short time, you can say something about the job not being as expected
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by zeenatamin)
    You have to give some reason that is a positive about where you went to, not a negative about the old job. Just ignore the old job, and make up some credible reason that you were 'pulled' to the other area. Perhaps the application processes were going on at the same time, but the second one got delayed, and it was always your intention, perhaps the second job gave you greater exposure or experience with X ...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your answers indeed this is very helpful for me. Thanks a lot

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.