Job Interview Question Watch

zeenatamin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi people I need help. I worked for a company in London for just a month and resigned after a month and found another job in a different city far from London. I joined because I was offered good pay. Now I recently applied for another job in London again (not the same company) and I made it till the final interview. I know I will be asked why I left my previous job in just a month. I cannot tell them I was offered better pay nor I can say because it was far for me to travel to London as the company where I applied now is in London as well. So please I need your help to give me some good ideas to tackle this question during my interview.
Thank you.
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zeenatamin)
Hi people I need help. I worked for a company in London for just a month and resigned after a month and found another job in a different city far from London. I joined because I was offered good pay. Now I recently applied for another job in London again (not the same company) and I made it till the final interview. I know I will be asked why I left my previous job in just a month. I cannot tell them I was offered better pay nor I can say because it was far for me to travel to London as the company where I applied now is in London as well. So please I need your help to give me some good ideas to tackle this question during my interview.
Thank you.
As you were there a short time, you can say something about the job not being as expected
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zeenatamin)
You have to give some reason that is a positive about where you went to, not a negative about the old job. Just ignore the old job, and make up some credible reason that you were 'pulled' to the other area. Perhaps the application processes were going on at the same time, but the second one got delayed, and it was always your intention, perhaps the second job gave you greater exposure or experience with X ...
zeenatamin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thanks for your answers indeed this is very helpful for me. Thanks a lot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (204)
12.73%
Excited (139)
8.67%
Worried (291)
18.15%
Terrified (364)
22.71%
Meh (144)
8.98%
Confused (35)
2.18%