Turn on thread page Beta

CCEA GCSE Geography Unit 1 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing their geography exam tomorrow (24/5/16) with CCEA?? I can't seem to find any threads relating to it

ReputationRep:
    i done it today?! what did you think about it?

ReputationRep:
    It was actually a pretty good paper. I sort of messed up the river and coasts case study but the rest of it was really good. That meanders questions was a
    Dream. What did you circle for the question about whether California was prepared?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciarahawes1)
    i done it today?! what did you think about it?
    I'm not too sure how I feel about it to be honest! It wasn't the worst paper but it wasn't the best either. The question on the natural climatic cycle threw me off because I joined my class 3 weeks late because I dropped art so I don't remember revising it at all and ended up writing about how the sun sends out short wave radiation to heat up the atmosphere So I know I've already lost 3 marks aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemistrynerd13)
    It was actually a pretty good paper. I sort of messed up the river and coasts case study but the rest of it was really good. That meanders questions was a
    Dream. What did you circle for the question about whether California was prepared?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought it was okay and I think i got a B in it but I'm predicted to get an A so I'm going to have to really work hard for the human paper! A few questions threw me off but the case studies were really good. I was really expecting the case study on a flood within the British Isles to come up though because it hasn't came up as a 6 marker in a few years so I learnt it really well agh and I circled that the people of California weren't prepared, what did you choose?

ReputationRep:
    For the natural climatic question, I wrote that the earths orbit may have changed and it moved towards the sun making it hotter. I also wrote about volcanic activity and how it decreased temperatures

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemistrynerd13)
    For the natural climatic question, I wrote that the earths orbit may have changed and it moved towards the sun making it hotter. I also wrote about volcanic activity and how it decreased temperatures
    I didn't write anything about volcanic activity because there was a separate bullet point on that on the spec! I wrote about how the sun sends down radiation to the earths surface and how it's trapped in pollution so it can't escape and heats up the atmosphere but I know it's completely wrong!

ReputationRep:
    i wrote about volcanic activity some people are saying thats wrong but im nearly sure i learned it!! for california i circled that they werent prepared because it was something like 22% felt they were prepared which was a low statistic! i sort of felt okay until i heard what others wrote lol

ReputationRep:
    i wrote about volcanic activity some people are saying thats wrong but im nearly sure i learned it!! for california i circled that they werent prepared because it was something like 22% felt they were prepared which was a low statistic! i sort of felt okay until i heard what others wrote lol
    Volcanic activity is right because i spoke about it with my teacher afterwards! And yeah I circled that the people of California weren't prepared too, it's only an opinion question so as long as you used 2 pieces of evidence from the text they can't really mark you wrong

ReputationRep:
    good! i really hope ive done well in it. Are you sitting English Lit tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    good! i really hope ive done well in it. Are you sitting English Lit tomorrow?
    Me too but I'm sure you have! And yeah with aqa though

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 26, 2016

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.