Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How do you stop looking as though you've been crying? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Sorry, very obscure thread but I don't like it when I've been upset and the whole world has to know all day due to swollen eyes/red nose etc etc...

How do you sort out your appearence again? Washing my face has never helped.
    I know exactly what you mean, try holding a really cold wet cloth over your eyes and nose which will get rid of some of the wetness, then comb out your eyelashes with an eyelash comb to make sure that they don't look like you have had tears in them.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, very obscure thread but I don't like it when I've been upset and the whole world has to know all day due to swollen eyes/red nose etc etc...

How do you sort out your appearence again? Washing my face has never helped.
    Get your hairdryer out and blowdry your eyes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaZZZ)
    If you feel the teers start dwelling up in your eyes ( usually feels heavy ) then open your eyes wide..........
    that still doesn't work, and i can't keep it wide for long.

ReputationRep:
    i'm the opposite. people cant even tell when im actually crying. haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    :eek: what about onions?
    yeah i really can see someone bring onions to school everyday, in ur their school bag :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    i'm the opposite. people cant even tell when im actually crying. haha
    that's because you obviously have a heart of stone.

ReputationRep:
    if you keep poking yourself in the eyes - it will reverse the effect of crying

[trust me]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    if you keep poking yourself in the eyes - it will reverse the effect of crying

[trust me]
    Yikes! lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    that's because you obviously have a heart of stone.
    :rolleyes: obviously

ReputationRep:
    Yikes! lol.
    seriously though, i guess you could try applying some sort of moisturising cream to the area surrounding your eyes.

may have this effect however -> :eek:

(Original post by shushimeng)
    that still doesn't work, and i can't keep it wide for long.
    well the worst thing to do is start rubbing at your eyes - that is what causes the redness

ReputationRep:
    I always get a really runny nose as well! :eek:

And people realising or asking about why I'm upset just makes me even worse. I'd rather people didn't know. I feel like my emotions are on show. Ironically enough comfort makes me feel uncomfortable sometimes!

Sometimes you just want a good cry without giving anyone the low down...you know everything will be fine without them.

ReputationRep:
    just wear a mask and say your getting ready for halloween

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaZZZ)
    well the worst thing to do is start rubbing at your eyes - that is what causes the redness
    i never do that
    when i know the tear is gonna drop down, i will wipe it staight away, as fast as i can, so no body can see me when i am crying. but after i cry my nose and eyes cheeks all becomes red.

ReputationRep:

And people realising or asking about why I'm upset just makes me even worse. I'd rather people didn't know. I feel like my emotions are on show. Ironically enough comfort makes me feel uncomfortable sometimes!
    Aww, do you have hayfever or something like that you can blame it on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    just wear a mask and say your getting ready for halloween
    LOL can't hide behind the mask for rest of ur life

(Original post by shushimeng)
    i never do that
    when i know the tear is gonna drop down, i will wipe it staight away, as fast as i can, so no body can see me when i am crying. but after i cry my nose and eyes cheeks all becomes red.
    it's best to just hold it then runnnnnnnnnnn to somewhere where no one can see you

ReputationRep:

Sometimes you just want a good cry without giving anyone the low down...you know everything will be fine without them.
    Same here, that why i always make sure i got tissue with me.

yeah whenever i am upset, i rather they leave me alone and let me thinking the whole by myself, than making me feel as if i should be crying and i end up feeling sorry for myself. i sometimes cries my heart out and put on Linkin Park's song as loud as i can, i feel good after that.

ReputationRep:

Yeah, I know what you mean

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else sometimes feel like crying for no apparent reason sometimes? Or is that just me?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.