Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How do you stop looking as though you've been crying? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    LOL can't hide behind the mask for rest of ur life
    why not? some people are better of that way, and some make a living that way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaZZZ)
    it's best to just hold it then runnnnnnnnnnn to somewhere where no one can see you
    hahah i tried, because of these i always gets into trouble for not going to lessons, why should i go to lesson if i know i can't listen to the teacher?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    Does anyone else sometimes feel like crying for no apparent reason sometimes? Or is that just me?
    me sometimes i can't find a reason, but is just how life is.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else sometimes feel like crying for no apparent reason sometimes? Or is that just me?
    err no - why cry for no reason :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly what you mean It's definitely not just you, it happens to lots of my friends too. Alas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    I know exactly what you mean It's definitely not just you, it happens to lots of my friends too. Alas
    it must be a female/hormone type thing then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    why not? some people are better of that way, and some make a living that way
    than people will see one side of u, and not the other, i agree sometime is for the best, but to me hide behind a mask for life is breaking the nature balance of life. i think it is completely normal to get upset, but not everyone asking u what's happened when u don't want to talk about it.

ReputationRep:
    Yep...loads of times. One tiny little thing also brings up a backlog.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Sorry, very obscure thread but I don't like it when I've been upset and the whole world has to know all day due to swollen eyes/red nose etc etc...

How do you sort out your appearence again? Washing my face has never helped.
    that happened to me the other day! i was just standing there, minding my own business until one of my friends said "are you ok?, you look as if you've been crying" ???
    WHAT! thanks for that:rolleyes: well it was early on the morning, must have just looked rough

ReputationRep:
    than people will see one side of u, and not the other, i agree sometime is for the best, but to me hide behind a mask for life is breaking the nature balance of life. i think it is completely normal to get upset, but not everyone asking u what's happened when u don't want to talk about it.
    Yeah and people who care about you want to do something about it - blame someone, get angry, while you splutter about whats happened. And it just feels so silly.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, very obscure thread but I don't like it when I've been upset and the whole world has to know all day due to swollen eyes/red nose etc etc...

How do you sort out your appearence again? Washing my face has never helped.
    Is that an inherited trait? Or maybe a reaction to salty water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knight-Errant)
    Is that an inherited trait? Or maybe a reaction to salty water.
    You whatnow?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah and people who care about you want to do something about it - blame someone, get angry, while you splutter about whats happened. And it just feels so silly.
    i know but they don't really know how to make me feel better, altho they tried.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe your parents have the same problem or maybe the skin on your eyes or something is sensetive to salty water/aka tears.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    look at ronaldo cryin then you'll start laffin and it'll go
    lol it was soooooo funny

ReputationRep:
    If I'm semi-crying or feel the tears in my eyes I kinda pull the bottom of my eye down and blink a lot with my head back to get them to go away. If I've already cried I splash cold water on my face, not much you can do really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    If I'm semi-crying or feel the tears in my eyes I kinda pull the bottom of my eye down and blink a lot with my head back to get them to go away. If I've already cried I splash cold water on my face, not much you can do really
    yeah
    i don't know about u, but when i try not to cry or hold it back, the more i feel sorry for myself and the worse i am gonna cry.

ReputationRep:
    yeah
    i don't know about u, but when i try not to cry or hold it back, the more i feel sorry for myself and the worse i am gonna cry.
    Yeah same here.

Worst thing is if you spend 10mins sorting yourself out, smiling at yourself in the mirror and pretending nothing's happened and then the next minute your face is all wet again and you have to start over.

ReputationRep:
    yeah
    When I was younger and I cried I'd get hysterical like the thing where you can't stop and you look like a complete phleb. As I'm older now and particually when I don't want people to see me crying I stare defiantly at something to stop myself so just get a tear or something rolling down my cheek

But when something is really wrong I often find myself crying silently at night, that way no one knows

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same here.

Worst thing is if you spend 10mins sorting yourself out, smiling at yourself in the mirror and pretending nothing's happened and then the next minute your face is all wet again and you have to start over.
    Yes! I have that too

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.