How do you stop looking as though you've been crying?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Shushi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by me!)

When I was younger and I cried I'd get hysterical like the thing where you can't stop and you look like a complete phleb. As I'm older now and particually when I don't want people to see me crying I stare defiantly at something to stop myself so just get a tear or something rolling down my cheek

But when something is really wrong I often find myself crying silently at night, that way no one knows
yeah
i cry with my door locked and music on really loud and cry my hear out often i feel better afterwards but sometimes that make me feel like i am the only one in the world.
LS.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah, I hate it when it's really obvious you've been crying.

Other than the suggestions of putting something cold on your face, I find keeping your eyes closed for awhile works... not exactly helpful if you're around a lot of people.

Won't ask what's wrong, but hope you feel better soon [Remember that ice cream is a cure-all!]
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by shushimeng)
yeah
i cry with my door locked and music on really loud and cry my hear out
(Original post by shushimeng)
often i feel better afterwards but sometimes that make me feel like i am the only one in the world.

I feel like that too, no one understands what it's like to be me and understadnd how I feel and stuff (btw I realise this post sounds stupid )
Shushi
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by LS.)
Yeah, I hate it when it's really obvious you've been crying.

Other than the suggestions of putting something cold on your face, I find keeping your eyes closed for awhile works... not exactly helpful if you're around a lot of people.

Won't ask what's wrong, but hope you feel better soon [Remember that ice cream is a cure-all!]
yeah i love ice cream
Shushi
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by me!)
[color=Magenta]

I feel like that too, no one understands what it's like to be me and understadnd how I feel and stuff (btw I realise this post sounds stupid )
it is not stupid at all.
charliefarley
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kieshaxxx)
Does anyone else sometimes feel like crying for no apparent reason sometimes? Or is that just me?
yes i do, just feel unhappy n cry my eyes out. then also have the prob of red eyes!! i seem to have cried a lot recently.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (30)
7.77%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (33)
8.55%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (86)
22.28%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (50)
12.95%
No, nothing has changed (117)
30.31%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (70)
18.13%

Watched Threads