Turn on thread page Beta

Who's the best Manager next season ?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So, Next season 16/17 will be one of the most competitive seasons since really long time. With Arsene Wenger, Conte, Pep, Klopp, Mourinho all competing with each other. + Pochetitino and Ranieri. Genuinely, who do you think is the best manager ? and why ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kloppo)
    So, Next season 16/17 will be one of the most competitive seasons since really long time. With Arsene Wenger, Conte, Pep, Klopp, Mourinho all competing with each other. Genuinely, who do you think is the best manager ? and why ?
    Where is Pochettino?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Do you have a definition of best? Its going to be cut throat. We might not have the best players, but we have some of the best managers. Spending your way to success is less of a challenge than mere survival is for others.

No Ranieri , Koeman or big Sam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    Where is Pochettino?
    Can he really be considered among the likes of Jose and Pep when he's won no silverware?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Do you have a definition of best? Its going to be cut throat. We might not have the best players, but we have some of the best managers. Spending your way to success is less of a challenge than mere survival is for others.

No Ranieri , Koeman or big Sam.
    Big Sam in the same bracket as Mourinho and Guardiola? Have a word with yourself.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    Big Sam in the same bracket as Mourinho and Guardiola? Have a word with yourself.
    Decide what you mean by best. You shouldnt just look at what they achieve, but where they come from during the season. It was a much bigger achievement for Leicester to win than one of the big 4.

Its best manager of the season and that hasnt happened yet. You have a word with yourself and read the question.

ReputationRep:
    Decide what you mean by best. You shouldnt just look at what they achieve, but where they come from during the season. It was a much bigger achievement for Leicester to win than one of the big 4.

Its best manager of the season and that hasnt happened yet. You have a word with yourself and read the question.
    This is horrendous logic - the words you should have with yourself are "Why am I such an idiot?"
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    This is horrendous logic - the words you should have with yourself are "Why am I such an idiot?"
    Its perfectly logical. Who the best manager will be next season depends on who performs the best during the season. Those events havent happened yet.
    It could be any of them depending on how they perform.

It was a considerably greater achievement for Leciester to win with a squad worth less than £30m than it would be for United with a £300m+ plus squad.

Before resorting to insults, try arguing with some logic.

ReputationRep:
    Its perfectly logical. Who the best manager will be next season depends on who performs the best during the season. Those events havent happened yet.
    It could be any of them depending on how they perform.

It was a considerably greater achievement for Leciester to win with a squad worth less than £30m than it would be for United with a £300m+ plus squad.

Before resorting to insults, try arguing with some logic.
    Your entire argument is that the thread is pointless until the end of next year when we know what has happened before discussing it - yet you're here, discussing it.

The thread is about next season, so bringing up what Leicester did this season is pointless.

Please, try arguing with some logic.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Your entire argument is that the thread is pointless until the end of next year when we know what has happened before discussing it - yet you're here, discussing it.

The thread is about next season, so bringing up what Leicester did this season is pointless.

Please, try arguing with some logic.
    I was using this season as an example. Ranieri might have been the best manager last season but it doesnt mean he will be next. You simply wont know until its happened and know how each of them has performed. You also need to take into account what you mean by best. My argument is perfectly logical.

ReputationRep:
    I was using this season as an example. Ranieri might have been the best manager last season but it doesnt mean he will be next. You simply wont know until its happened and know how each of them has performed. You also need to take into account what you mean by best. My argument is perfectly logical.
    No it's not. If you can't see that, then maybe log off and come back at the end of the season so you can discuss it then...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    No mention of Koeman? Southampton have gone from strength to strength under him.

ReputationRep:
    Going by the season just passed, Wenger shouldn't be anywhere near the top. A three way fight between Pep, Jose and Klopp seems the safest bet for next season, with Ranieri, Koeman and Bilic jostling for the final CL spot.
    "Maybe" Conte could make it a four-way title race resulting in one or all of Ranieri, Koeman and Bilic getting just Europa
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    No it's not. If you can't see that, then maybe log off and come back at the end of the season so you can discuss it then...
    You might want to decide what you mean by best. If the OP wants to change it to who do you think will be the best manager next season, then that would make more sense. As it is you wont know who it is until the season is over and you know what they have achieved.

ReputationRep:
    You might want to decide what you mean by best. If the OP wants to change it to who do you think will be the best manager next season, then that would make more sense. As it is you wont know who it is until the season is over and you know what they have achieved.
    I know what your stance on it is, I'm just going to say this - I don't give a shiny sh*t.

ReputationRep:
    There's no point having a sensible discussion with someone who seeks pleasure from and tries to justify his triggering behaviour
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    There's no point having a sensible discussion with someone who seeks pleasure from and tries to justify his triggering behaviour
    Meaning me? Im just pointing out until you define best, then its hard to say .
    If you want to say it means who will finish highest in he PL then say so. That's not always a guarantee they were the best manager though because the challenges for a small club struggling just to survive are different than those facing the top four.

ReputationRep:
    Meaning me? Im just pointing out until you define best, then its hard to say .
    If you want to say it means who will finish highest in he PL then say so. That's not always a guarantee they were the best manager though because the challenges for a small club struggling just to survive are different than those facing the top four.
    Nope, I meant the guy you were trying to reason with. If he is a guy.

ReputationRep:
    Best manager in terms of personality and the way he reads and manage the game. Tactically, and how his relationship with his players. So, in terms of these 4 managers, who'd you prefer to manage your team and why ???
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Nope, I meant the guy you were trying to reason with. If he is a guy.
    Ok fine. I ddint think i was being illogical its an interesting question of what people mean by best manager.

Just to illustrate this the League Managers Association awards are linked below and their view of best manager isnt always the one who wins the league.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League...ciation_Awards

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.