Can you do a resit on a exam from the old spec? Watch

Tsrsarahhhh
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I did biology for AS last year and got aD so I dropped it bc I got higher grades for my other subjects. I have a place at uni and I am coming to the end on A2 but I really regret not taking up bio at A2 and resisting a unit. Is there any way for me to redo units next year and continue the A2 part of the course or is this now impossible now that the spec has changed? Would i have to redo the whole alevel??
999tigger
Report 3 years ago
There is an opportunity to do resits in 2017, but not to sit exams for the first time.

Cool GOT thread.btw.
Tsrsarahhhh
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
There is an opportunity to do resits in 2017, but not to sit exams for the first time.

Cool GOT thread.btw.
Ahh so I would be able to resit the AS exams but wouldn't be able to complete the full alevel
999tigger
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Tsrsarahhhh)
Ahh so I would be able to resit the AS exams but wouldn't be able to complete the full alevel
The consultation notes on legacy resits is linked below.

Only those students who have taken the qualification previously,or who had good reason not to have taken it when planned (such as illness) can take a resit
Imo strictly speaking its for resits.As the rule stands you would have to provide good reason not to have taken it at the time you did. I have no idea how fussy they might be , but something like a bereavement, illness or something supported by your GP may suffice.

If you get past that, then who will teach you the old spec A level?

https://www.gov.uk/government/consul...s-and-a-levels
inastargomez
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
im having a big dilemma I have good results in my as exams but nerves got best of me for my a2 I was already entered but never turned up will they let me retake this year 2017 june can any please help me
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by inastargomez)
im having a big dilemma I have good results in my as exams but nerves got best of me for my a2 I was already entered but never turned up will they let me retake this year 2017 june can any please help me
It should be possible but you need to get a move on as the main entry deadline has already passed and you will have to pay late fees.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.83%
Excited (144)
8.84%
Worried (295)
18.11%
Terrified (367)
22.53%
Meh (149)
9.15%
Confused (35)
2.15%