Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have no experience other than a couple months at a off-license, though literally everywhere I apply rejects me. Last summer I applied for ~15-16 jobs, for all of which I wasn't even interviewed?

Is it my CV?

I'm going to start applying for jobs next week as my last exam is on the 27th of June, so I can start working ASAP after that.
    Need to start saving up for my year abroad..
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by edothero)
    I have no experience other than a couple months at a off-license, though literally everywhere I apply rejects me. Last summer I applied for ~15-16 jobs, for all of which I wasn't even interviewed?

Is it my CV?

I'm going to start applying for jobs next week as my last exam is on the 27th of June, so I can start working ASAP after that.
    I recon I applied for over 90 part time jobs over 6 weeks (3 interviews out of those) before I got offered a job and that's with 2 years of volunteering in a charity shop. Definitely redraft your Cv but 15 applications isn't much at all really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    I recon I applied for over 90 part time jobs over 6 weeks (3 interviews out of those) before I got offered a job and that's with 2 years of volunteering in a charity shop. Definitely redraft your Cv but 15 applications isn't much at all really.
    Cheers for the confidence boost :laugh:

I'll redraft my CV before I start applying.
    Would it be OK for me to put a little note on my CV stating that I won't be able to start work until my last exam?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Cheers for the confidence boost :laugh:

I'll redraft my CV before I start applying.
    Would it be OK for me to put a little note on my CV stating that I won't be able to start work until my last exam?
    It felt like a long time before I had much luck with finding a job but persevere and you ll get there
    You can pop your availability in your cover letter or some online applications let you put an available from date in
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

Is it my CV?

It can be hard, and a lot of people are in your position.
    Try places like mcdonalds who take on a lot of students. Not the best job ever, but t least something until you find something better.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.