Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I applied for Student Finance again for the 2016/17 application but I made a mistake in one of the sections on the application when I completed it. I phoned Student Finance and asked them to cancel my application because I had made a mistake on the application so I can re-do it again. They did cancel the 2016/17 Student Finance application but said it can take up to 48 hours for my account to be updated.

After 48 hours, they sent me an email saying that my account has been updated and that I should check my account. I went and tried logging into my Student Finance account but it came up as:

Sorry, something has gone wrong

An unknown error has caused the application to stop working.Try and log into your account later and resume your application.
    If you continue to see this message, contact Student Finance England.

I have been waiting for more than 3 days and this issue has still not been resolved, what should I do? I still have not tried phoning them but I am thinking about it.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by ymg177)
    Basically, I applied for Student Finance again for the 2016/17 application but I made a mistake in one of the sections on the application when I completed it. I phoned Student Finance and asked them to cancel my application because I had made a mistake on the application so I can re-do it again. They did cancel the 2016/17 Student Finance application but said it can take up to 48 hours for my account to be updated.

After 48 hours, they sent me an email saying that my account has been updated and that I should check my account. I went and tried logging into my Student Finance account but it came up as:

Sorry, something has gone wrong

An unknown error has caused the application to stop working.Try and log into your account later and resume your application.
    If you continue to see this message, contact Student Finance England.

I have been waiting for more than 3 days and this issue has still not been resolved, what should I do? I still have not tried phoning them but I am thinking about it.
    Either phone them ASAP or fill in the paper version of the application form.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.