Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The dad is dead

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-dog-home.html

ReputationRep:
    Very sad

ReputationRep:
    I prefer getting the story from the page URL. Man, 45, dies, attacked dog home - quite right, what sort of looney attacks a dog home???

ReputationRep:
    Aren't pit bulls meant to be illegal now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    Very sad
    The only thing that's sad about this is the fact that the dog had to be put down. The man obviously didn't treat it with any love or respect according to reports that iv'e read. Being locked up in a enclosed room for hours at a time with no company - what can one expect!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hachik0)
    The only thing that's sad about this is the fact that the dog had to be put down. The man obviously didn't treat it with any love or respect according to reports that iv'e read. Being locked up in a enclosed room for hours at a time with no company - what can one expect!
    Yeah let's keep a dog alive which has just savagely killed a grown man so he can do that again to another person :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    How do you destroy a dog? Do you kamehameha it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Yeah let's keep a dog alive which has just savagely killed a grown man so he can do that again to another person :rolleyes:
    No dog attacks somebody if they are treated well, it just doesn't happen. In most cases dog attacks happen when the owner has mistreated it.

The only dangerous animal in this scenario was the man. He created the dangerous dog, not the dog itself.

ReputationRep:
    No dog attacks somebody if they are treated well, it just doesn't happen. In most cases dog attacks happen when the owner has mistreated it.

The only dangerous animal in this scenario was the man. He created the dangerous dog, not the dog itself.
    You just contradicted yourself, so which is it? A pitbull is a pitbull, as much as we as humans will try to suppress them it's instincts will always flare up. I honestly don't see how on earth you can blame a man who was killed for having a seizure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexschmalex)
    You just contradicted yourself, so which is it? A pitbull is a pitbull, as much as we as humans will try to suppress them it's instincts will always flare up. I honestly don't see how on earth you can blame a man who was killed for having a seizure
    I fail to see how you don't understand that this man was a terrible owner and should never of been allowed to have a dog in the first place! You've got two categories, you either have a dog that will retaliate or a dog that will shut itself off from the world. Neither situation is preferable, but then again, neither situation should arise in the first place. Iv'e said it before and i'll say it again, treat any dog with dignity, love and respect and it'll be a loving family pet. No dog is born dangerous!

ReputationRep:
    I fail to see how you don't understand that this man was a terrible owner and should never of been allowed to have a dog in the first place! You've got two categories, you either have a dog that will retaliate or a dog that will shut itself off from the world. Neither situation is preferable, but then again, neither situation should arise in the first place. Iv'e said it before and i'll say it again, treat any dog with dignity, love and respect and it'll be a loving family pet. No dog is born dangerous!
    Thanks for ignoring everything I said and totally evading what I asked you. How about you answer these questions: how was the man a terrible owner? Where in the article did it say the dogs were abused or locked up for hours as you claim they were? What did this man do that he deserved to die or that his three children deserve to now be fatherless?

You're in denial if you honestly think a "well treated" pet has never turned against people and attacked them out of the blue. It doesn't mean the people were some owners from hell who deserved it

ReputationRep:

I do hope you're not trying to justify this poor man's death.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    I do hope you're not trying to justify this poor man's death.
    Thanks for ignoring everything I said and totally evading what I asked you. How about you answer these questions: how was the man a terrible owner? Where in the article did it say the dogs were abused or locked up for hours as you claim they were? What did this man do that he deserved to die or that his three children deserve to now be fatherless?

You're in denial if you honestly think a "well treated" pet has never turned against people and attacked them out of the blue. It doesn't mean the people were some owners from hell who deserved it
    My bad guys, just realised i mixed the report up with a different one i was reading.

ReputationRep:

Nope, not always. Dogs are pack animals, it's perfectly normal for males to attack other males and challenge for pack leadership. This man was top male, pack leader, in the dogs eyes.

I do believe you can train this out of a dog, but you needn't be an abusive owner for an attack to happen.

I'm no expert though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.