Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My exam is on Thursday should i do past papers or revise. Im soo confused
    I really need to get a good grade

ReputationRep:
    AS resit? I have mine on Thursday and lucky for me I'm not going to uni so don't need to worry about it. I'd try the latest past paper (2015 or 2014- which ever is on the website) and use the mark scheme to check through your work and answers with that of the exam board. Colour coding is also really useful, what you remember in one colour and what is on the mark scheme in another etc. this will cover past papers and revising, you could even have a revision guide with you when doing the past paper if you want it to be more on the revising side

ReputationRep:
    Absolute best method is to go through all the past papers and do it under timed conditions (after revising) then going through the mark schemes and see exactly what examiners are looking for. This is the last year before they completely change the exams, modules and content etc so luckily we have five years of past papers to go through. I find that i can revise it all inside out and be really confident, but then i can get terrible marks in the past papers because of the wording of the questions - that always messes me up - so knowing their language and question structure is essential i reckon !

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scien...d-mark-schemes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by casualsalmon)
    Absolute best method is to go through all the past papers and do it under timed conditions (after revising) then going through the mark schemes and see exactly what examiners are looking for. This is the last year before they completely change the exams, modules and content etc so luckily we have five years of past papers to go through. I find that i can revise it all inside out and be really confident, but then i can get terrible marks in the past papers because of the wording of the questions - that always messes me up - so knowing their language and question structure is essential i reckon !

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scien...d-mark-schemes

Thanks I will do that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.