Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone.

I would be starting my law course from this September. However I'm bit itchy about the subject. It's not that I don't like law, it's just it appears bit 'boring' and its too hard to qualify as a lawyer.

I always had a very strong passion for international relations. The subject is something which I would completely love to study. I may even go on for doctorate in this subject.

So what i want to know is following -

1) Can I change my majors from Law to International Relations in first year of my course?

2) if I graduate with undergrad Law degree (LLB), can I go for masters in International Relations? From what I heard that one cannot go for masters with an LLB. It should have been BA. Not sure if it is true though.

Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibii97)
    Hello everyone.

I would be starting my law course from this September. However I'm bit itchy about the subject. It's not that I don't like law, it's just it appears bit 'boring' and its too hard to qualify as a lawyer.

I always had a very strong passion for international relations. The subject is something which I would completely love to study. I may even go on for doctorate in this subject.

So what i want to know is following -

1) Can I change my majors from Law to International Relations in first year of my course?

2) if I graduate with undergrad Law degree (LLB), can I go for masters in International Relations? From what I heard that one cannot go for masters with an LLB. It should have been BA. Not sure if it is true though.

Thankyou
    I'm surprised no one got to this already. Where are you from? As I've noticed the word 'majors'.

You cannot switch from law to international relations. You must stop your law course and start all over again with an international relations course.

Also, you can get a masters with an LLB. And it can be in international relations.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.