Collusion Watch

Lauraamyyx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I sent a 'friend' my work after i had submitted it and the day before the assignment was due and thought nothing of it. Then i got an email from the AIT team and find out she had copied my work! She constantly tried to get me to change the story before the meeting and say i worked with her etc but i never, i told the truth. Now after our seperate meetings she got told she has a reassessment and she has to have another meeting whereas i got told to wait a further email. What will happen?
SlowlorisIncognito
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lauraamyyx)
I sent a 'friend' my work after i had submitted it and the day before the assignment was due and thought nothing of it. Then i got an email from the AIT team and find out she had copied my work! She constantly tried to get me to change the story before the meeting and say i worked with her etc but i never, i told the truth. Now after our seperate meetings she got told she has a reassessment and she has to have another meeting whereas i got told to wait a further email. What will happen?
No-one can tell you exactly what will happen as procedures will vary from uni to uni and sometimes between cases.

While you're waiting for the email, I would suggest you check your university's code of conduct to see if this sort of thing is specifically mentioned. That might help you work out what, if any, disciplinary action you might face.

Did you send the work via your uni email account? If not, I suggest you print off copies of the email and any other communications as evidence.

Hopefully the uni will just consider you to have been very naive, but they may consider your actions to be helping her to cheat, even if you didn't expect her to copy the work word for word. If you think you might face disciplinary action, I'd suggest you contact your SU or student support for advice.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Definitely contact your SU as soon as possible as they will have specific people who know the rules and regulations for your university and will be able to advise you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.6%
Excited (156)
9.19%
Worried (305)
17.96%
Terrified (378)
22.26%
Meh (162)
9.54%
Confused (37)
2.18%