The Student Room Group

F in GCSE Art

My teacher said he thinks I got an F. I don't particularly mind, I only took art because not enough people were doing it and my teacher said he thought get an A- that changed haha. But do you think this will negatively affect me in the future (I don't plan to do anything in the realm of art) Do I have to tell my sixth form about it?
Thanks a bunch :smile:
Reply 1
I doubt it really as long as you have your other GCSEs

Posted from TSR Mobile
You'll be fine as long as you have 5 or more GCSEs at grade A* to C
You will not have to tell your sixth form unless you pick an art related subject.

:smile:
If you get an F on results day, you're not required to put it on your CV - so it won't F up your chances of getting a job or anything. As long as you have at least 5 A*-C Grade GCSEs on your side, you'll be fine

Spoiler

Original post by PolarisVega
My teacher said he thinks I got an F. I don't particularly mind, I only took art because not enough people were doing it and my teacher said he thought get an A- that changed haha. But do you think this will negatively affect me in the future (I don't plan to do anything in the realm of art) Do I have to tell my sixth form about it?
Thanks a bunch :smile:

Don't worry too much about it, I got an E in mine; the only thing is that it will drag your grade average down a bit that they use to calculate your predicted grades at college
Reply 5
Thanks everyone I feel a lot better now! :smile:
GCSE art seems like a subject loads of people take because art in year 7-9 doesn't really involve much more than turning up to the lesson and painting for an hour, which surprises a lot of people when they suddenly have to do a **** ton of coursework.

Essentially this results in lots of people getting a C or lower (my brother had the same happen to him), so loads of people are in the same boat as you, and since you're not going to do anything art related it will have no effect on anything - only exception being if your average grade is calculated by sixth forms, it will drag it down a little, but even then it's not going to be very much, and they often only calculate the average from your nine or so highest grades, so art probably won't even affect that.

TL;DR no, it's doesn't matter :smile:
Well tbh it won't be that bad because my teacher told me I'd get a C/D in my art during gcses too but I ended up getting a better grade than she or I thought...depends on how yours ESA add to your grade tbh dnt worry bout it. It's jst art anyways unless you wanna go into an artsy career in the future, which you dnt

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest