Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Money is becoming a serious issue for me :( watch

Been in my relationship for a few months now, everything is perfect bar one one thing... money.

I would love to take my partner out for nice meals, go on romantic holidays or treat her to sweet gifts like teddy bears, spar-days e.t.c but I cannot find a single job anywhere, everywhere I've applied for has just turned me down and I'm trying to survive of what is essentially pocket money from my parents...

Can anyone suggest any advice for me? My partner is very understanding of my financial situation, she has reiterated many times that my money issues wont affect anything between us, but I dont think she understands just how bad of a situation I'm in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Been in my relationship for a few months now, everything is perfect bar one one thing... money.

I would love to take my partner out for nice meals, go on romantic holidays or treat her to sweet gifts like teddy bears, spar-days e.t.c but I cannot find a single job anywhere, everywhere I've applied for has just turned me down and I'm trying to survive of what is essentially pocket money from my parents...

Can anyone suggest any advice for me? My partner is very understanding of my financial situation, she has reiterated many times that my money issues wont affect anything between us, but I dont think she understands just how bad of a situation I'm in.
    She loves the man, not the wallet. As long as you try to do your best by here, and enrich her life with love, affection, attention, loyalty and charity....your financial status should be of little concern. It is a tough situation, economically wise

I really hope you find something soon my friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

You need to stop worrying mate. Money isn't everything and it won't buy you happiness.

Look, get a job at somewhere like a chip shop, you would be surprised how often these places need the staff. Even a paper round would help.

Whatever you do, don't start playing the credit game, that will be a massive mistake.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Improve your job search , application and interview.
    Dont obssess and dont go on about it as it will get annoying.

You can still be thoughtful

ReputationRep:
    Sell your anus

ReputationRep:
    If you're struggling with money at uni, then I've written a blog post to pass on ideas about how to save money it sucks being a student as there's so much to pay for and often student loans just aren't enough to get by! Hope this helps https://adventuringwithlove.wordpres...joy-your-life/

ReputationRep:
    Money isn't everything. Your girlfriend loves you for you

I'd say to try and bag yourself an interview/job offer maybe have another look over your CV? Or widen your job search? Even if it's not a job that you had in mind at least it's a start and you'll be fine

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 1, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.