Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking at en-suite accommodation when I start university and I'd like to know if any of you have ever hired a cleaner to come in every 2 to 3 days to clean the whole room?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jameshburton)
    I'm looking at en-suite accommodation when I start university and I'd like to know if any of you have ever hired a cleaner to come in every 2 to 3 days to clean the whole room?
    Why can't you clean it yourself?

ReputationRep:
    what about that blue cheese malcul????

ReputationRep:
    you have to clean the room and bathroom yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Generally I would quickly clean both the room and bathroom but I also like someone else to come in every x amount of days to give it professional clean.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by jameshburton)
    Why do you need a professional clearner to come in and clean your room? That isn't genuinely something that happens when you're at university. They have cleaners that do the corridors and what not - but not your rooms. You aren't at home anymore - you've gone to university to be independant and that means you have to clean your own room and bathroom. Just keep it clean as you go along and then like a spring clean every couple of weeks.

ReputationRep:
    you do realise it'll cost a lot of money to get your room cleaned by the cleaners. at my uni it would cost me £25 a time to get them to clean it for me, which is just far too much to have it cleaned properly. it isnt hard to use a hoover and a cloth to clean a room and bathroom
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    As a student you're probably not going to want to spend a lot of extra money on things like cleaning which you can do yourself. Once you get into a routine I'm sure it's not too bad and you'll save money

I've never had this problem though since I'm in accommodation with shared bathroom facilities; the cleaners come 3 times a week to clean the bathroom and also come to clean individual rooms every fortnight as well. I know some people hate the idea of shared facilities but it's not that bad; we get cleaners and it's cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    At hull uni we had cleaners for our en-suites, she came every fortnight and we didn't pay any extra for it. Although, a cleaner really isn't necessary, a lot of what she did I did myself most other days and isn't very hard. Its not hard to keep a bathroom clean.

ReputationRep:
    Every 2 to 3 days? How messy are you?

Even for an entire flat/house you'd be looking at a cleaner every few weeks. But yeah I'd avoid it anyway because you'd look like a right tosser if you hired a cleaner in halls.

ReputationRep:
    insane waste of money... it's really not hard to clean your room/bathroom as long as you keep on top of it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.