Question about en-suite accommodation Watch

jameshburton
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm looking at en-suite accommodation when I start university and I'd like to know if any of you have ever hired a cleaner to come in every 2 to 3 days to clean the whole room?
Hachik0
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jameshburton)
I'm looking at en-suite accommodation when I start university and I'd like to know if any of you have ever hired a cleaner to come in every 2 to 3 days to clean the whole room?
Why can't you clean it yourself?
derp123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
what about that blue cheese malcul????
chylton
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
you have to clean the room and bathroom yourself.
jameshburton
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Generally I would quickly clean both the room and bathroom but I also like someone else to come in every x amount of days to give it professional clean.
JustGeorgeJ
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jameshburton)
Why do you need a professional clearner to come in and clean your room? That isn't genuinely something that happens when you're at university. They have cleaners that do the corridors and what not - but not your rooms. You aren't at home anymore - you've gone to university to be independant and that means you have to clean your own room and bathroom. Just keep it clean as you go along and then like a spring clean every couple of weeks.
Jay018
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
you do realise it'll cost a lot of money to get your room cleaned by the cleaners. at my uni it would cost me £25 a time to get them to clean it for me, which is just far too much to have it cleaned properly. it isnt hard to use a hoover and a cloth to clean a room and bathroom
Dougieowner
  • Study Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
As a student you're probably not going to want to spend a lot of extra money on things like cleaning which you can do yourself. Once you get into a routine I'm sure it's not too bad and you'll save money

I've never had this problem though since I'm in accommodation with shared bathroom facilities; the cleaners come 3 times a week to clean the bathroom and also come to clean individual rooms every fortnight as well. I know some people hate the idea of shared facilities but it's not that bad; we get cleaners and it's cheaper.
fieldy_xo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
At hull uni we had cleaners for our en-suites, she came every fortnight and we didn't pay any extra for it. Although, a cleaner really isn't necessary, a lot of what she did I did myself most other days and isn't very hard. Its not hard to keep a bathroom clean.
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Every 2 to 3 days? How messy are you?

Even for an entire flat/house you'd be looking at a cleaner every few weeks. But yeah I'd avoid it anyway because you'd look like a right tosser if you hired a cleaner in halls.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
insane waste of money... it's really not hard to clean your room/bathroom as long as you keep on top of it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Aug '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (72)
17.65%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (259)
63.48%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
4.9%
Not yet but I might (57)
13.97%

Watched Threads