The Student Room Group

OCR - AS - Mechanics exam, how did it go?

Nobody has created a thread for it, because the new spec, but for resits. How did it go. I found it very easy but I ran out of time, which makes me so angry because it was so easy at the end. How do you guys not run out of time?
Reply 1
Yeah I thought it was ok. I didn't run out of time this year, but I did last year. Overall I'd say that it was good. There wasn't really anything I didn't know, although I did misinterpret the motorbike question, as I didn't twig that the cyclist had the engine ignition ON. Thought it was ROLLING down the hill, so I woulda got the statement and accelerating force question wrong.Hopefully it'll be an A this time.And unfortunately, yes, the last question was no problem at all 😓. I'd say the key is to just cut your losses at any question you don't immediately know the answer to and be consciously aware that you need to he fast.
Reply 2
*be fast
Reply 3
Original post by Sam.BM
Yeah I thought it was ok. I didn't run out of time this year, but I did last year. Overall I'd say that it was good. There wasn't really anything I didn't know, although I did misinterpret the motorbike question, as I didn't twig that the cyclist had the engine ignition ON. Thought it was ROLLING down the hill, so I woulda got the statement and accelerating force question wrong.Hopefully it'll be an A this time.And unfortunately, yes, the last question was no problem at all 😓. I'd say the key is to just cut your losses at any question you don't immediately know the answer to and be consciously aware that you need to he fast.

Yes, thanks for the answer. I did find straight after I posted this thread the main thread for this exam, link below if you havent found it already :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4107749&page=11&p=65116931#post65116931

Quick Reply

Latest