The Student Room Group

Re: Caught cheating at uni

Original post by Lucyrosie
So basically I claimed to have extenuating circumstances and what I submitted false evidence and now the uni are asking for more information from the organisation. I'm really scared they'll contact the organisation and then they'll find out I lied. Will I get kicked out for lying, I was desperate don't judge. If I just ignore it do you think they'll drop the case due to lack of evidence...

What does claiming extenuating circumstances mean? is it for an extension? is it not to sit an exam? Is it post the exam?

Its hard to say what they will do. Interested to see what peoples answers are. I'm a big gobsmacked tbh. Forging the evidence is a bit???

Need more detail really. On what you provided I'd agree with Kendall2 that you should let it drop and hope they dont chase it up. Just withdraw your claim or let iit lapse. Say youve changed your mind if they ask.

If they did find out what youd done, then I think they would take it extremely seriously. Not just the lie but forging something has dishonesty and deception all over it. Im not sure you cna come clean. I'd wait it out. Redo the year if needs be.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest