Applying for the position of deputy head girl. Watch

Tadiwanashen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello,
I am in sixth form and I would like to apply for the position of the deputy head girl. My problem is ,I only the joined the school at the beginning of sixth form and fear that it will be very difficult to convince the school board that I am a suitable candidate as some of the students I am going up against have been in the school for over four years,
What can I write in my application letter that will help me to convince the board the choose me?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tadiwanashen)
Hello,
I am in sixth form and I would like to apply for the position of the deputy head girl. My problem is ,I only the joined the school at the beginning of sixth form and fear that it will be very difficult to convince the school board that I am a suitable candidate as some of the students I am going up against have been in the school for over four years,
What can I write in my application letter that will help me to convince the board the choose me?
This isn't something anyone can answer for you.

Have a think about what the role will involve, what qualities and skills the school board will be looking for, the culture of the school and the qualities that are valued in the school and then try to tailor your application around those things.

For example if the role involves sitting on a staff/student liaison meeting then talking about how you're willing and keen to listen to opinions from all students and to act as their advocate at the meetings. If the role involves leadership then you'll need to decide what qualities you have that would make you a good leader. If the role involves making decisions then talk about how you would make those decisions emphasising the priorities and values of the school.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (78)
26.62%
No (215)
73.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed