Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

CCEA AS 2 Physics - Waves, Photons and Medical Physics - 28th June 2016 Watch

ReputationRep:
    A discussion board for the last AS physics paper this year in 35 days time.

ReputationRep:
    What's everyone's thoughts on today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenhyperlink)
    What's everyone's thoughts on today?
    Very happy with the paper, I found it alot nicer than AS1. Except a question or two but overall I am pleased.

ReputationRep:
    I think it was a nice paper but I ran out of time. I didn't like the drawing superposition question you had to do and some weird definitions that you had to write/i couldn't remember. I was so happy the big marker was lenses and not some big ugly one about wave particle duality or a lot more on medical physics.

ReputationRep:
    I think it was a nice paper but I ran out of time. I didn't like the drawing superposition question you had to do and some weird definitions that you had to write/i couldn't remember. I was so happy the big marker was lenses and not some big ugly one about wave particle duality or a lot more on medical physics.
    That wavelength one was a bit weird in the double slit experiment question which you had to calculate from the path difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackpcraig)
    That wavelength one was a bit weird in the double slit experiment question which you had to calculate from the path difference.
    I was able to get them no problem. 3rd dark fringe has a path difference of 2.5(lamda) which equalled what 1.96 something? So (lamda) equals that number divided by 2.5 ... or thats how i done it atleast

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get a phase difference of 60 for question 2/3 for those 2 waves on the graph? And does anyone have a copy of the paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was able to get them no problem. 3rd dark fringe has a path difference of 2.5(lamda) which equalled what 1.96 something? So (lamda) equals that number divided by 2.5 ... or thats how i done it atleast
    Yeah I divided the path difference we got by 2.5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FoneyBaloney14)
    Did anyone get a phase difference of 60 for question 2/3 for those 2 waves on the graph? And does anyone have a copy of the paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got 72 degrees phase difference

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FoneyBaloney14)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got 72. Teachers don't get the paper until 24 hours after the exam

ReputationRep:
    Did you get the angle of incidence to be 46.3 degrees? For the prism. People in my class got mixed answers.

ReputationRep:
    I got 72. Teachers don't get the paper until 24 hours after the exam
    In our school the teachers often have the paper before the exam is even finished!

I thought the paper was more difficult than AS1, but it wasn't too bad. I had no clue what the electron arrangement in lasers was though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackpcraig)
    Did you get the angle of incidence to be 46.3 degrees? For the prism. People in my class got mixed answers.
    i cant remember, if someone has the actual question or remembers it i could get the answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanBing)
    In our school the teachers often have the paper before the exam is even finished!

I thought the paper was more difficult than AS1, but it wasn't too bad. I had no clue what the electron arrangement in lasers was though.
    Yeah I had no idea either, did anyone else have any idea? I just wrote about population inversion.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.