CCEA AS 2 Physics - Waves, Photons and Medical Physics - 28th June 2016

Watch this thread
brokenhyperlink
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
A discussion board for the last AS physics paper this year in 35 days time.
brokenhyperlink
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
What's everyone's thoughts on today?
jackpcraig
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by brokenhyperlink)
What's everyone's thoughts on today?
Very happy with the paper, I found it alot nicer than AS1. Except a question or two but overall I am pleased.
brokenhyperlink
Rep:
I think it was a nice paper but I ran out of time. I didn't like the drawing superposition question you had to do and some weird definitions that you had to write/i couldn't remember. I was so happy the big marker was lenses and not some big ugly one about wave particle duality or a lot more on medical physics.
jackpcraig
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I think it was a nice paper but I ran out of time. I didn't like the drawing superposition question you had to do and some weird definitions that you had to write/i couldn't remember. I was so happy the big marker was lenses and not some big ugly one about wave particle duality or a lot more on medical physics.
That wavelength one was a bit weird in the double slit experiment question which you had to calculate from the path difference.
brokenhyperlink
Rep:
(Original post by jackpcraig)
That wavelength one was a bit weird in the double slit experiment question which you had to calculate from the path difference.
I was able to get them no problem. 3rd dark fringe has a path difference of 2.5(lamda) which equalled what 1.96 something? So (lamda) equals that number divided by 2.5 ... or thats how i done it atleast
FoneyBaloney14
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Did anyone get a phase difference of 60 for question 2/3 for those 2 waves on the graph? And does anyone have a copy of the paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
jackpcraig
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I was able to get them no problem. 3rd dark fringe has a path difference of 2.5(lamda) which equalled what 1.96 something? So (lamda) equals that number divided by 2.5 ... or thats how i done it atleast
Yeah I divided the path difference we got by 2.5.
jackpcraig
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by FoneyBaloney14)
Did anyone get a phase difference of 60 for question 2/3 for those 2 waves on the graph? And does anyone have a copy of the paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 72 degrees phase difference
brokenhyperlink
Rep:
(Original post by FoneyBaloney14)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 72. Teachers don't get the paper until 24 hours after the exam
jackpcraig
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Did you get the angle of incidence to be 46.3 degrees? For the prism. People in my class got mixed answers.
DanBing
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I got 72. Teachers don't get the paper until 24 hours after the exam
In our school the teachers often have the paper before the exam is even finished!

I thought the paper was more difficult than AS1, but it wasn't too bad. I had no clue what the electron arrangement in lasers was though.
brokenhyperlink
Rep:
(Original post by jackpcraig)
Did you get the angle of incidence to be 46.3 degrees? For the prism. People in my class got mixed answers.
i cant remember, if someone has the actual question or remembers it i could get the answer
jackpcraig
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by DanBing)
In our school the teachers often have the paper before the exam is even finished!

I thought the paper was more difficult than AS1, but it wasn't too bad. I had no clue what the electron arrangement in lasers was though.
Yeah I had no idea either, did anyone else have any idea? I just wrote about population inversion.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (46)
26.14%
As I expected (58)
32.95%
Harder (64)
36.36%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.55%

Watched Threads